Trial Bike

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Trial Bike

Post by JoKDX220r »

Anyone here own a Trial bike ?

I'm currently looking to buy one, I tried a Beta Rev 3 270 2007,had it for 3 days and loved it...
I never tried a gasgas txt but read that they are really hard to start when hot ?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Trial Bike

Post by Julien D »

I have been keeping my eye open for one for a while. Thought about starting on something cheap, like a honda reflex or something.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

this was my 1st dirt bike
I think trial are the greatest bike to learn on. It was back in 89. Beat the crap out of it.
NEVER done a top end on it or anything engine wise and it still runs ( granted not as good as it was but still running :supz: )
My now wife got her dirtbike virginity taken on that bike 2 years ago :supz:
A bit off topic sorry.

Julien are you talking about this?
I'm a bit lost...thought he was talking about trial... :lol:

I haven't seen any trials in a looong time, might be more common to find in mountain area.
Are they still making montesa? Don't even know if they import them in the state...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Trial Bike

Post by Julien D »

LOL, no!

More like this

That's a TLR 200 Reflex. I think there were a few other sizes too. If money was not an object, I'd go with a freshy new 2t Gas Gas.
factoryX

Trial Bike

Post by factoryX »

I've always wanted to give trials a go, even bicycle wise(Can bunny 3-4ft no problem with a 26lb bike).
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Trial Bike

Post by Dekon »

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I have a 2004 Beta Rev3 270 and absolutely love it. Did a trials schools with it back in April, did a lot of figure 8's at the school. They really help you with your balance. I was amazed by the end of the day of how small a figure 8 I could do. I also have a 1970 Ossa Plonker 250, what a fun machine that is. The flywheels are so big, if you keep it in first gear, you can just idle over anything in your path and I am not a little guy.
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Trial Bike

Post by Brian »

My first motorcycle was a 1976 Honda TL 125 that I bought in 1979. That thing was geared so low I could start out in 3rd gear. It was also so under powered that my cousins 1974 XL 125 would out run me.
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch