DMC resonator spacer for sale

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
Kipsy

DMC resonator spacer for sale

Post by Kipsy »

A DMC spacer for the big spender!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275613641602?h ... R6iU2sbFYQ

I thought this was a cool little bit of 80's bling to share with you all.

I bought one of these spacers for my 96, still for sale on ebay for about $15.00. I don't know if it helped my 96 because I put on a FMF Desert pipe at the same time. I've read on here that its debatable if the spacer makes any real difference on the H-Series. After rejetting, my bike runs great, but I credit the pipe for most (or all) of that.

Does anyone know if these DMC spacers made any difference on the C-Series? I already have an old DMC spacer for my 88 build along with an old DMC pipe and muffler. (Yes, this summer I finally found the unfindable!!! :boogie: ) It seems to my unprofessional and inexperienced mind that the theory of the spacer is sound, especially with a top-end pipe. But I've never read anywhere that it makes much difference. A case where theory and reality don't match up, perhaps.

Dave Miller had one on his bike that was featured in Dirt Bike magazine. I can't think he would have sold something that didn't do anything.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: DMC resonator spacer for sale

Post by KDXGarage »

From what I read back then, it was supposed to help low end a little.

I think I have one. That guy is proud of that one.

I thought they were 10 mm thick, but I am not sure.

Post some pics of the DMC pipe and muffler. Nice finds!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Kipsy

Post by Kipsy »

My spacer looks identical to the ebay spacer. There is no DMC stamping on mine. Mine is also 6.7mm. Does your DMC spacer had a stamp on it? Maybe mine (and the ebay fellow's) isn't a DMC.

Here's a few pics of the pipe and muffler.
Attachments
Pipe with Muffler.jpg
Pipe with Muffler.jpg (265.8 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
DMC Everywhere.jpg
DMC Everywhere.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Look Mom - No Dents!.jpg
Look Mom - No Dents!.jpg (86.41 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Power for the 80's.jpg
Power for the 80's.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Pipe.jpg
Pipe.jpg (95.68 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Kipsy

Post by Kipsy »

And a few pics of the "DMC" spacer. I never knew if mine was DMc, but when the ebay guy said his was DMC, I thought mine must be, too. Perhaps not if they were 10mm.

I lucked out on the pipe and spark arrester. The spark arrester is totally dent free. And the pipe has a few tiny dents. The largest is visible in the pics and won't be visible when on the bike. I'm leaving the dents alone. This summer I'm going to have some fun de-rusting, painting, and polishing these gems.

I bought a junk bike with them on. I paid way too much - the entire bike turned out to be toast. I paid $700.00 for the bike. Oh well, at least I finally have a DMC pipe and silencer for my 88 DMC replica build.

I'll get a thread going on that when I make some noteworthy progress on it. In a year I've finished the frame, front fender, triples, and partway through the forks. Not blazing fast, but a 4 year old and a 1 year old have been cutting into my bike time!!!
Attachments
Barely notice it.jpg
Barely notice it.jpg (48.39 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
There it is - 6.7mm.jpg
There it is - 6.7mm.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
No DMC stamp anywhere -(.jpg
No DMC stamp anywhere -(.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Skyway Cobra Model 300.jpg
Skyway Cobra Model 300.jpg (190.91 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Perty Aluminum.jpg
Perty Aluminum.jpg (242.92 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the pics! I am not certain on the length of the spacer. It has been a few decades on this stuff. :-)

Really cool that you got the pipe and spark arrestor. I bought a KDX200 from NY (guy mailed it to me in pieces) mostly for the FMF pipe about 20 short years ago. :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128