Replacement parts

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
KDX_DAD

Replacement parts

Post by KDX_DAD »

I'm sorting out some issues with my 1987 KDX 200 and I was hoping you could help me make sure I order the right parts. I am in need of a new throttle assembly tube and the part that holds the cable. I'm ok with aftermarket parts if they are better than stock. New clutch cable and shorty leaver and perch. I'm running 1 1/8" bars. New shorty break leaver New light switch for big bars New stop motor button for big bars Carb jet kit On a side note the screw on the side of the carb does not seem to do anything no matter how much you screw it in or out. Do you know what I would need to fix that?

Where is the best place to find parts that are compatible with my year bike?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Replacement parts

Post by KDXGarage »

If the carb is stock, there is no air screw, only an idle screw. Keep that in mind if you read posts from people with a 1988 and newer model. The 1988+ Keihin PWK carbs do have an air screw.

On the 1 1/8" bars, the place where the grips, front master cylinder, clutch lever perch, "Engine Stop" button, lightswitch, etc. are all the same size as 7/8" bars. They are just 1 1/8" over in the middle, not on the ends.

www.rockymountainatvmc.com is a very popular place to buy aftermarket and OEM parts.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128