Lectron

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
targetman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Lectron

Post by targetman »

So I'm thinking of having them build a carb for the C model.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: Lectron

Post by kdxsully »

How much would that set you back?
I like turtles
targetman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by targetman »

I have also talked to Smart Carb. I'm leaning that way. Lectron only seems to want to communicate via email. And I have way too many concerns to try to hash out over the keyboard. Not sure of the cost.
kvkdx

Post by kvkdx »

2001 KDX 220r I just installed the Lectron carb 34mm 2 days ago and HOLY CRAP, dude for real HUGE difference, Ive watched TONS of youtube vids on lectron reviews and some say a MAJOR difference like me and some say its just ok, not noticable, Let me tell you!!!
My bikes carb was stock and was the weak point on this bike, bowl was off and it leaked fuel bad if leaned over, started fine but idled high at first and took a while to warm up and ready to rip, it bogged until 5-7mins of warming up.
So I just put on lectron, setup from the factory and just installed and did NO changes or tweaks, it fits tight. I fired bike up and immediatley it idled like a dream, idles and sounds just like my KTM 300 (bike i had before)
So Im in colorado and its at night so cold in the 30s, (this would normall effect my old carb ) the bike only fired up and idled for like 2 minutes, I jumped on and ripped out of my driveway (pissed off neighbors sorry) and I shifted to 3rd gear, rolling very slow and Punched throttle, to my amazment, The Bike pulled the front end up and RIPPED, I screamed in amazmen as It feels way more powerful, so I stopped shift even hiogher to 4th gear, dead stop and rolled hard the throttle, It lifted front end and screamed, my bike rips like a 250 now and I couldnt be happier with the LEctron improving torque, clean clean smooth power, it made the bike run cleaner, better idle, easy starts (first or 2nd kick EVERY time seriosuly) WOW LECTRON was worth the money for me
kvkdx

Post by kvkdx »

and the Lectron was customized from Lectron to fit my KDX,, the slide was trimmed down, and it was DYNO tested for my altitude and riding conditions, the Lectron was a Plug and play and works amazing right out of box, not tweaks needed, only had to set idle and it was only a 1/4 turn
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

Love my C model Lectron!