Gary at EFM auto clutch

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
targetman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Gary at EFM auto clutch

Post by targetman »

Just a shout out to Gary. I developed some problems with my autoclutch. Gary has reworked it and I should have it back in time for the race on Sunday. Bet you don't get that kind of service from Recluse. Ahh. But Recluse gives you fancy stickers.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Gary at EFM auto clutch

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the report.

If you can, take some pictures at the race!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

I would be VERY interested in what kind of problem you experienced. And I'll second the shout out to Garry as well!
targetman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by targetman »

The first clutch Gary made was just to wide horizontally for the clutch cover to fit. I ground out the inside bearing support and he reworked the clutch several times. Finally was able to get the cover on without the clutch dragging on the case. I got in one race and had no problems. Went out riding 2 weeks later with friends and noticed something wasn't right. I had to keep on the pipe everywhere on the trails. Got home and removed the clutch cover and found the clutch was rubbing. My buddy installed a Recluse on his KTM and said he had to remove one friction and one steel plate in order for his stock cover to fit. Not so easy with the KDX clutch basket. So Gary removed one plate each and added 6 more carbide balls. I don't know for sure, but he said he was going to make a new basket. Overall 3/16 reduced in size.