cant find parts

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
hbgod

cant find parts

Post by hbgod »

ive noticing that for certain parts for my 87 very few(if any) sites have my parts. the years usually stop at 89 :( and i cant find a COMPLETE gasket kit ANYWHERE only top end kits :(
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cant find parts

Post by kawagumby »

Moose makes a complete gasket set - try a google. It includes all seals including the crank seals. Often ebay vendors have the parts like the gasket sets -try a search there - I got my moose set from an ebay vender. Dennis Kirk seems to have more variety than RMATV when it comes to engine stuff and I think they carry the moose set too.

Ronayers.com carries OEM parts for the C models and most are still available - the prices are good for OEM - that's where I get my crank and tranny bearings, etc.

The crankbearings are the same for all KDX's c model up. Ditto the crank seals - the air cooled have a different part number and are one millimeter wider than the later models, but the later models work. As a matter-of-fact, the Moose gasket kit for the C model actually supplies the narrower later model seals.

I recommend getting the factory seals from ronayers.com as they are clearly superior in quality and size. The price for both seals was less than $18.00. (My C model has one side with a moose crank seal and the other with a OEM seal...as I screwed up one crank seal during ass'y :roll: - it'll be interesting to see if the cheapo fails prematurely).
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
hbgod

cant find parts

Post by hbgod »

thx :supz:
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!