Took the 87 KDX 200 out for her first real run

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
kcamacho

Post by kcamacho »

Hi guys.
Took out the KDX to parry sound with the boys this weekend and I couldn't be happier with it. It was raining and muddy so naturally We hit some greasy single and double track littered with all sized Canadian shield rocks on it. I had no problems mechanically that I didn't cause. I was trying to go through a river crossing that had some ruts in it when I dumped her on the airbox side and cracked the throttle at the same time. Took a bunch of water in the intake and soaked the air filter. Had to rinse the filter with some premix from the tank and swaped the plug and cleared the head of water. It would not kick over and was flowing gas through the carb when the petcock was turned on. We bump started it when we needed to start it. I'm assuming there is some gunk in the carb so I'll be cleaning that tomorrow.

Overall what a great bike Just point and go. She loves to run. I will try and post some pics.
Thanks.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Glad you're enjoying it! Gotta watch those cold baths though, lol.
TrophyHunter
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TrophyHunter »

Good you knew how to recover from a big gulp. We did a group ride where most didn't know how to but that's what groups are for....helping each other out of a jam.
kcamacho

Post by kcamacho »

TrophyHunter wrote:Good you knew how to recover from a big gulp. We did a group ride where most didn't know how to but that's what groups are for....helping each other out of a jam.
I'll be the first to admit that I didn't know exactly how to clear it. You are totally right about the group. If it wasn't for some of the group's knowledge I would be towing her back.

Sinking it is half the fun. The other half is trying to get it running again. Lol.