1993 Wiring

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Somkid

1993 Wiring

Post by Somkid »

I have a 93 KDX200 (Blue USD Forks) with literally no wiring, it was in pieces. I think I'm missing a CDI as diagrams suggest a 93 should have one. I do have the coil, the Regulator (two wires, fitted in top of airbox) but also have the item in the picture, its bolted to the frame behind Rad next to the coil. I assume its a rectifier of some sort - but confused why it would need one if there is already a regulator? Maybe someone can tell me if I need this item at all.

Bike will only be used in the woods so I want it wired really simple. No ignition switch, no lighting (but I could get 12v off the regulator if I want a light in the future) Just want to get spark to get it going. I can wire a kill switch to ground the coil to stop it.

If anyone can suggest a simple wiring diagram to achieve this I would much appreciate. Stator is a 4 wire version. I don't want to guess at wiring colors and damage any components!

I've added a pic of the CDI I will have to use, its a Chinese knock off of one for a 95 up KDX200 , cant source one specifically for a 93. maybe some wires different but hopefully enough for a spark...

I'm in northern Thailand, engine had play in the big end bearing, I got cases split, a new conrod set, main bearings and seals and reassembled here for 100 dollars - pretty pleased with that!

Thank you
Attachments
CDI one.jpg
CDI one.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 491 times
img_30_12_2023_031714.jpg
img_30_12_2023_031714.jpg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 492 times