Snag or Nah

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
85' kid

Snag or Nah

Post by 85' kid »

Hey all. It's been a while, but I'm back. There is this 1993 KDX200 that I would like to buy. I talked the dude down to 2400. He claims to have had it for 15 years. He just did a top-end rebuild, he also said he changed the oil after every ride. Now if yall know me, you may know I have a 1991 KDX200 that I have no paperwork for and can not get a title for it because the bike is not even in my name. Now I thought I could use the 1991 KDX200 as a parts bike for the 1993 KDX200 because I thought the models year went 83-85,86-88,89-94 and so on. So my main questions are, is this a good deal? and can I swap practically all the parts from the 91 to the 93? I'll drop the link to the bikes listing down below.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... abe5e73eec
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Snag or Nah

Post by bufftester »

Well, it looks to be in good shape. Hopefully he can produce the documents to prove top end is fresh. To answer the more pressing questions, yes, all the 91 parts will fit on the 93. The big difference is that the 93 has USD forks compared to conventionals on the 89-92, but they are about the same performance wise. As for is it a deal, that depends on how much you want to spend.
85' kid

Post by 85' kid »

I mean nowadays 2400 is not that much money but, I just want to get a decent bike for an ok price. I felt 2400 was ok as long as the bike is as good as it looks and sounds. So what would you say as far as price, I'm not too sure what these kdx's should go for so.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

He looks like he has a nice garage, which means it's probably well looked after. But remember every single bike for sale has a "fresh top end".
'00 KDX 220R
85' kid

Post by 85' kid »

yea true, I would need to see if he has proof of a rebuild
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Pricing varies from area to area.

The odometer and plastic chain splash guard are missing. There is a rear disc guard and FMF spark arrestor.

Few of those years for sale seem to still have the fork guards.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
85' kid

Post by 85' kid »

Now I got a question for yall, what would be a good bike for me. I want to do mostly trail but, I would like to do the track as well. I've had two KDX200's now and I always thought they felt great on both trail and track. But, since those have been my only to bikes, I want to ask some more experienced people like yall, what are some other options?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Yamaha YZ250X for the win!
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Yeah, if you want a "do everything" bike, stick to an XC bike like the YZ, the KTM XC, Husky, Gas Gas, KX250XC, and honda also makes about 12 versions of the CRF.
'00 KDX 220R
85' kid

Post by 85' kid »

I should have specified in the beginning. I'm 14 and am about 5'4, so a 250 might be a little much.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

YZ125X then. :-)
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

You won't be 14 forever.

Once you hit your growth spurt you will get interested in girls and quit spending time with the bike. Then after you get married you will get back to the bike and wish you had purchased one that would fit your bigger self...or, you will wish you would have purchased a smaller one to fit your kids.

...sage advice from grandma...
85' kid

Post by 85' kid »

See there's a difference though. Girls will come and go, but my bike will always be there. Plus I'm going to enjoy my gas-powered toys till there gone. Only when electric-powered dirt bikes are the only things that are allowed in parks, then ill quit the sport. But until then I will be mixing gas and hauling a**.