Front brake line for E series?

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Cskarke

Front brake line for E series?

Post by Cskarke »

Cant find a new one anywhere. Can I order a custom one from somewhere? Or is there another model of bike that has an identical brake line, or at least close enough that will work well?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Front brake line for E series?

Post by bufftester »

89-92 or 93-94 with USD? For conventional you can run an H series hose. For the USDs you should be able to make a later KX hose setup work. (I haven't done it myself). You can also run an H series hose using the H-series routing on the USDs, you just have to fab a small bracket to hold the brake line at the top of the fork guard. This is what I did on my hybrid that uses KX250 forks, but has the traditional KDX hose routing.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Look for a supplier of diesel injector parts and service. They often make custom hoses. I had a new one made when I switched the rear brake to a left hand brake. Generally they can make whatever you need.
Cskarke

Post by Cskarke »

bufftester wrote: 04:31 pm Apr 06 2021 89-92 or 93-94 with USD? For conventional you can run an H series hose. For the USDs you should be able to make a later KX hose setup work. (I haven't done it myself). You can also run an H series hose using the H-series routing on the USDs, you just have to fab a small bracket to hold the brake line at the top of the fork guard. This is what I did on my hybrid that uses KX250 forks, but has the traditional KDX hose routing.
Sorry, yeah its an 89 with conventionals. And good to know! Ill shop for an H hose, thanks for the info!
Cskarke

Post by Cskarke »

doakley wrote: 09:22 pm Apr 06 2021 Look for a supplier of diesel injector parts and service. They often make custom hoses. I had a new one made when I switched the rear brake to a left hand brake. Generally they can make whatever you need.
Good idea! Ill keep this in mind if I cant find an H series brake line like mentioned above! Thanks!
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

I happen to have a front brake hose off my 2003 KDX 220R. I switched to USD forks. It's in excellent shape. Keep in touch.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
ericr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ericr »

You can order a custom brake line for $69 from coremoto.com.
'02 KDX 200, '02 KDX 220 - My restoration thread
Duper80
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Duper80 »

I just ordered a rear green steel braided line for my '89 , it's from As3 performance but their manufacturer is (Venhill usa) you can order custom colors, lengths, and angles of your banjos, I think our front line is 55 inches (1370mm) and has a straight banjo and a 45 banjo 👍
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the info. Please let us know how it turns out.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Duper80
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Duper80 »

Just got the rear brake line and it's about 3" short, I've found out that they are actually for the SR models ,, oh well I've ordered the front directly from Venhill with my own measurements so I'll do the same for the rear and hopefully as3 performance will except the return ✌