Pro X sized pistons

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Canaduro

Pro X sized pistons

Post by Canaduro »

Hi, I have an 1989 KDX 200, and I'm wondering what size piston to order? Cylinder has just been replated and looks good. There are no Canadian websites that have a wiseco in stock and I ordered one from the local kawasaki store over a month and a half ago. The delay in back order went from 1 month to july 15th, so I called them up the other day and they're saying July 24th from another supplier. Called wiseco Canada up and they don't have any Wiseco pistons in stock, but they have 1 pro X Size D (65.97mm I believe?). Would this do harm to my cylinder if I were to buy this piston directly after a replate?
Last edited by Canaduro on 09:35 am Jul 22 2020, edited 2 times in total.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Pro X sized pistons

Post by bufftester »

If its 66.97 that would be 1mm over stock. I assume when they replated they returned it to stock which is 66.00 mm. You would not be able to fit that piston in your cylinder. Motosport has them in stock and ships to Canada through BorderFree, might be worth checking them out. Cost might be a bit higher than buying through your local dealer, but is the cost of not riding worth waiting for?
Canaduro

Post by Canaduro »

bufftester wrote: 03:34 pm Jul 21 2020 If its 66.97 that would be 1mm over stock. I assume when they replated they returned it to stock which is 66.00 mm. You would not be able to fit that piston in your cylinder. Motosport has them in stock and ships to Canada through BorderFree, might be worth checking them out. Cost might be a bit higher than buying through your local dealer, but is the cost of not riding worth waiting for?
I've Heard that wiseco Pistons have a tighter clearance then this? Is this something that has to do with forged pistons? I'm pretty new to rebuilding 2 strokes (and engines in general) by the way, so these questions might seem a little dumb.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Any chance it might be 65.97?

OK, so I went to look:

https://www.pro-x.com/wp-content/upload ... T-2020.pdf

Do you have a measurement from the plater on size?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Canaduro

Post by Canaduro »

KDXGarage wrote: 06:58 am Jul 22 2020 Any chance it might be 65.97?

OK, so I went to look:

https://www.pro-x.com/wp-content/upload ... T-2020.pdf

Do you have a measurement from the plater on size?
Yeah its 65.97 just realized it was a typo