Tuning 94

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Yukon

Tuning 94

Post by Yukon »

Well, I've done allot of research about jetting after installing boyesen rad valve on my 94 and am still left with questions as every other post or article pointed me in a different direction. The boyesen instructions seem to point in the direction of a few steps leaner on the main jet after installing rad valve and more modified engines even leaner, but always start with the main jet and work down. Most articles I read say start with the pilot jet always. Stock a 94 has a 150 main and 48 pilot, this is what my bike still has currently. Should I try this first with the rad valve? Should I change to the what seems to be the common 45/155 set up I see most run even though this is going richer on the main? I guess all my research made me more lost than I was to begin with.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: Tuning 94

Post by kdxsully »

If you want the most accurate jetting, you’re going to need to research how to do plug chops. The pilot jet affects all ranges of the throttle, so it may be wise to dial that in first and go from there
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Start with the pilot and air screw, then work your way up.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The Boyesen instructions assume you are starting with a carb in stock trim and OEM settings. To get the best performance tune it from the idle up, as in the PWK tuning guide. As mentioned, the pilot circuit is always in play, and having it right makes getting the mid and top easier.