Trail tech dash install question

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
KDXASH

Trail tech dash install question

Post by KDXASH »

Hi all looking for some advice I'm rebuilding my 90 kdx200 and looking at fitting a trail tech dash + digital fan kit I'm not an expert in motorcyle wiring so just wondering what I will need to do to make it work as I know the bike runs AC but I will need to swap to DC. I dont run a headlight or indicators just the rear brake/tail light any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys :grin: pictures or diagrams would be a awesome :boogie:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Trail tech dash install question

Post by bufftester »

You don't need to swap anything. As I remember you just tap into the lighting circuit and the speedo will work. They have internal batteries that they run off as well, but the 12V regulated lighting output will work (tap into the red wire at the headlight IOW). No idea why you want to run a digital fan, these bikes don't overheat enough to need one unless you're riding in nothing but foot deep mud for hours on end.
KDXASH

Re: Trail tech dash install question

Post by KDXASH »

bufftester wrote: 06:41 pm Oct 22 2019 You don't need to swap anything. As I remember you just tap into the lighting circuit and the speedo will work. They have internal batteries that they run off as well, but the 12V regulated lighting output will work (tap into the red wire at the headlight IOW). No idea why you want to run a digital fan, these bikes don't overheat enough to need one unless you're riding in nothing but foot deep mud for hours on end.
Cheers bud I ride only in summer time on hot and dry trails in the Spanish mountains just thought best be safe than sorry but I've been told by a few people I should be fine without was just gathering Info to aid in my decision that's all bud :grin: