Kdx 200 newbee

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Monsterchevy72

Kdx 200 newbee

Post by Monsterchevy72 »

I'm new here. I just purchased a 89 kdx 200 and seen this forum on google figured what the heck. Anyways. I gave 300 bucks for it and so far all iv found wrong with it is the kips needs cleaned, new chain and sprockets, new plastics, new rear fender, water pump seal, shock linkage , break lever, and rear wheel bearings. Can't post picks. I'm in the process of tearing it down and repainting everything. Wish me luck!
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Kdx 200 newbee

Post by s10gto »

Welcome and congrats. Tons of info here and many good people ready to help. Good luck!

BTW if you find a way to post pic's we love pic's. :grin:
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Congratulations and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monsterchevy72

Post by Monsterchevy72 »

Will high temp engine paint be ok to paint motor and will it make it run hot? Plans on painting entire engine and tranny. One more q? Can the exhaust be wraped in header wrap?
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Many have used the high temp paint on the engine with success. I don't think the temp will be impacted much if at all. I don't see why you couldn't wrap the exhaust, but on a practical note it seems like it would be a pain to keep clean and just attract a lot of dirt/mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

Just from experence with the wrap on race cars after some time it makes the headers crack. Cleaning would suck too.
thepauly

Post by thepauly »

Header wrap on a two stroke will change the torque curve. The wrap insulates the exhaust (obviously), and keeps the exhaust hotter. The hotter exhaust causes the pressure wave to move faster in the expansion chamber, which tunes the engine for a higher RPM. I would also assume the higher exhaust temps would make the combustion run hotter. So plan on changing jetting and spark plug heat range.