Exaust DG , you know?

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Exaust DG , you know?

Post by frenche200 »

Hello!! For my renovation project, I want to change my exhaust which is very damaged , I was thinking about a FMF fatty, but I just came across a product on EBAY brand "DG Performance" .... the price is good but I do not know anything about this brand, someone there information: quality, performance, how it grown old, carbs setting ..?

thank you :grin:
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
sarrant

Re: Exaust DG , you know?

Post by sarrant »

DG is a legit brand, that has been around a hell of a long time. They were one of the early pioneers in aftermarket expansion chambers, dating back to the rise of the 2-stroke off-road dominance, back in the early 70s.

I haven't dealt with their E-Series pipe (I have an FMF), but I would have no hesitation whatsoever over the quality or reputability of the brand.
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

Thank you very much for the information, it's very interesting!
your FMF make you an happy rider? you like it? you have kept the original settings carbs or made ​​other?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

DG is a good pipe, one of the original aftermarket guys back in the day. I would have no qualms about their pipe on my bike. You will need to rejet afterwards, but that is life with a 2-stroke.
Rooster

Exaust DG , you know?

Post by Rooster »

A guy on the KLX forum I use was asking the same question, last week. Everyone over there that knew anything about the DG stuff had good things to say about it.
KCCO
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I've been running a DG on my 89 for several years. I also had a fatty on there. Not a whole lot of difference between the two performance wise. I would say the DG is more of an all-around pipe, while the fatty focuses more on top end. The DG is much more durable though. Definitely a great pipe.
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

Thanks a lot for all , your informations are all very accurate , I will compare the price with the DG Shipping, rates FMF French sellers .... :grin:
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I have the DG expansion chamber on my '89 as well, used to have an FMF fatty pipe on there before. To me, my bike felt like it had a little more low end with the fatty and a bit more on top as well, with the DG I noticed a big mid-range boost. Its a much more durable pipe and fits and lines up great with the mounts. If you find one for a great price, get it.
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Exaust DG , you know?

Post by frenche200 »

Hi! I found a original pipe in excelent condition for 140 dolars (shipping included) it just has a little bump , what do you think of this price?... I'm not looking specifically to increase the performance of the bike, I prefere have a pipe durable and resist the shock ...
In your opinion is the strongest origin or adaptable (dg fmf) ?
Thank you!
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

for 140 you might as well get the DG, as its just as strong if not stronger than OEM and gives you heaps of performance over the OEM pipe. or you could get a bash guard if you're only looking for durability