Hill climbs and looping...

Have a question about technique?
cleoent

Post by cleoent »

thanks for all the tips everyone! For some reason i never got a notification that this had been replied to.

I went to clear creek this weekend and did some more wicked stuff, i went with a bunch of better riders and they really helped me. Standing is no easy task, but i practiced as much as i could.

I think my suspension is also kind of messed up, when i switched out the springs i spilled a lot of fluid, i thought it was no big deal, but i think i'm finding that perhaps that is the reason the bike likes to wheelie the second i chop the throttle, there is no damping, i'm going to refill the forks tomorrow i think, and i'll make sure to set the sag.

Of course, i also need to get my technique better, but thanks to you guys and the peeps i ride with, i think i'm on the right track :)
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Riding with better riders is always key. I rode all summer with guys who were right around my ability level. Then, this fall I rode with a couple of guys who are "A" riders. I was shocked at how fast they are and how easy they make things look. Trying to copy their techniques helped my riding tremendously.

Also, riding in terrain that seems too tough or over your head helps. Once you conquer that "impossible" section, it gives you tons of confidence and helps make things seem easier.

Looks like you have a great group to ride with on the video.
'