Trees

Have a question about technique?
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

>|<>QBB<
Wudscrasher wrote:Also, I rarely stand up in the tight trees (well, our tight trees - I don't know what yours look like), as the branches will take my head off or slap me silly! I'm short, so I stay low and duck what I can. YMMV.

-- C.J.
I just figured out how to post video, and this is a perfect example of where you shouldn't (or can't) stand up:

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee96 ... _Shire.flv

It's one of my Top 5 sections of trail I have ever ridden. To ride through it fast is surreal and incredible. The trees in this 10-year-old clearcut are growing such that they literally envelop you as you're riding through it. Quite an experience. Enjoy. (The loud BANG! at the 2:24 mark is a tree branch hitting the cam)

-- C.J.
(BTW, it's taken with the OregonScientific cam y'all have. Got it for Xmas last year b/c of the reviews here. Wish I could get the quality better, but, you get what you pay for. Which wasn't much...)
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Wish we had a cam to show you where we are riding this weekend.

I miss Colorado!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
luke347

Post by luke347 »

Pop a wheelie in 2nd gear and twist the bars to 1 side and you bars will fit
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

BTW, the technique I described earlier is called scrubbing. Scrubbing the front wheel narrows the bike's profile without changing the line of travel.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:BTW, the technique I described earlier is called scrubbing. Scrubbing the front wheel narrows the bike's profile without changing the line of travel.
:prayer:
mudpack

Post by mudpack »

>|<>QBB<
krazyinski wrote:SITTING UNLOADS THE PEGS CHANGES THE CENTER OF GRAVITY.
No, it doesn't. The CG of the bike is the same, the CG of the rider is the same (assuming you aren't standing tall). The attachment points of the bike and rider do not affect the CG of the combined masses. This is simple physics, even though it isn't intuitive.
Not easily impressed