Getting the front wheel up?

Have a question about technique?
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Getting the front wheel up?

Post by ohgood »

Bitteeinit wrote:Good stuff! So are you riding the yellow drz or...?
I'm on the black one. the yellow one has had abuse from most of my friends at some point, probably 7 owners in 5 years

mine is about 37,000 miles, but still runs great, barely touchy the start button and its rattling and ready to roll!
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Getting the front wheel up?

Post by ohgood »

I've been practicing , even though it doesn't show
http://vimeo.com/133382178

doing this over and over and over makes things start to work eventually.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Nice video and awesome trails. Soon you will be ridin the front wheel for a mile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Nice! I can wheelie when standing in first gear, but I'm not yet able to do anything else. That "lift and turn" is a great skill to have.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

Bitteeinit wrote:Nice! I can wheelie when standing in first gear, but I'm not yet able to do anything else. That "lift and turn" is a great skill to have.

I'm kind of large for dirt bikes, so sitting wheelies work better for me. think 20 lbs of crap on top of a 5 lb bag already full of ten pounds and you get the idea :)

how did you start with standing wheelies? that's the coolest stuff ever, like looking out over the horizon and yearning for more... looks great.

anyway, more practice this weekend. gotta get ready for some really fun rides that are coming up :)
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

I think you're misunderstanding me: I'm not good at all!. I can barely lift the wheel more than 2-4 meters, and only at low speed. I tried the sitting method you see online, but I wasn't successful with it and found it easier to shift my weight back when standing. I just get in first gear and move fast enough for a bit of speed, but not full throttle yet. I then compress the front forks (and usually "jump" on the rear right after, especially if I'm trying to hop a log) and then pull back on the handlebars, with my was way back. By no means am I good, but it works for hoping logs up to 6cm at low speed. I can't do that "turn around" thing yet. Wish I could.