Another hybrid build almost done...

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
THill

Another hybrid build almost done...

Post by THill »

Well for the past 4 or 5 months i've been getting pieces and parts together for my build...

Started out with a 03 125 KX that was running and already had some suspension work done, biggest headache about it was that all the linkage bearings were shot, they had never seen any kind of lube....
Riding this bike was like compairing daylight and dark to my 220 kdx in the way it handled and the lighter overall weight , BUT the kdx motor
is way more fun and 100% easier to handle than the 125 motor ,IMHO..

So with a BUNCH of help and from ebeck ( eric ) i got my build kinda in the final stage...I've got my kx frame all welded up, sandblasted and waiting on a buddy to do the powder coating. Done been threw mock up and all looked good...

The motor will be a 220 with carb and head work done to it, plus this motor will have the rechromed cylinder that i had redone a couple months ago so i know the top end is going to be in good shape..So far i'd say i have ran alittle over a half tank on the new top end....

If i can figure out how to get my pic's to upload here i'll post some.
I got them from the start of this build....
Hopefully i'll have the finished product in a few weeks......

And i have to give ebeck a big , THANK YOU, for all his help....
#2 , 03 220 HYBRID..
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sweet!!! You'll need to post up some picks when you get it done...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

I saw the mockup, he has skills. Done like a pro. No corners cut. Looks factory and will work like a factory bike too. It is going to be a nice one. :supz:
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

Looking forward to pictures of it. What color are you doing the frame?
THill

Post by THill »

Frame color will be rally wheel silver SVandal ,
Chevy had this color years ago on there rally wheels, pretty close to the factory Kaw. silver color, maybe just a bit darker....

Ebeck if mine turns out half as good as yours i'll be happy .. :grin:
Mine will have alot of cleaned up used parts, the plastic and seat will be about the only new stuff on it for awhile.....

Im not real happy with some of the welding done on it , it could have been better.....
I've ground and sanded down some of them to try and make them look better .....
#2 , 03 220 HYBRID..