YZ250f-KDX Hybrid

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
Gixxer340
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

YZ250f-KDX Hybrid

Post by Gixxer340 »

Has anyone ever tried a YZ250f-KDX hybrid? I have a 2006 YZ250f with a bad motor (bottom end Shredded) and was trying to figure out what to do with the chassis. The bike is in really good condition, other than the engine, and I love my KDX. Got me to thinking, could I shoehorn a KDX motor into the YZ frame? Seems like it would be a great combination.

Anyway, if anyone has tried this, and either succeeded or failed, please let me know.

Thanks
Jeff
- 2001 KDX200 - KX front forks, RB head and carb mods, Gnarly pipe

-The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him - unknown
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: YZ250f-KDX Hybrid

Post by kdxsully »

Gixxer340 wrote: 08:53 am Sep 01 2019 Has anyone ever tried a YZ250f-KDX hybrid? I have a 2006 YZ250f with a bad motor (bottom end Shredded) and was trying to figure out what to do with the chassis. The bike is in really good condition, other than the engine, and I love my KDX. Got me to thinking, could I shoehorn a KDX motor into the YZ frame? Seems like it would be a great combination.

Anyway, if anyone has tried this, and either succeeded or failed, please let me know.

Thanks
Jeff
It’s probable if you can weld.
I like turtles
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Could be done, but will require lots of welding/fabrication as the cradle on the YZF splits too low to fit the KDX pipe. It has been done with a RMZ frame I believe, search the hybrid forum for RMZ, KXF to see.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Yes, it can be done. Plenty of welding will be required.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R