03 rm hybrid

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
masonkdx200

Re: 03 rm hybrid

Post by masonkdx200 »

I rode it for the first time yesterday!!! This bike is so much fun.
Yugmoto

03 rm hybrid

Post by Yugmoto »

Congratulations! I'm fired up to get a bike going. I just found a really clean kx125, was hoping for a suzuki but this might be too good to pass up. Who know maybe an RM next time. Keep us posted, and put up some pics if you can.
Yugmoto

03 rm hybrid

Post by Yugmoto »

Wouldn't you know it, I bought a clean KX and a clean RM shows up locally two days later. I might do an RM hybrid later, let us know how your bike works. On a side note, I have a pair of Showa forks I might use on the KX, probably better than the KYBs.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Yes! Some pictures would be great...I'm thinking of doing an RM conversion too. :partyman:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
masonkdx200

Post by masonkdx200 »

endurofamily

Post by endurofamily »

Hi there, I have two rm chassis amd am in the process of starting the hybrid swap. I have a 95 kdx200 engine being built as we speak that I will be mounting in the 2001 rm250 chassis. The other parts bike is a 2003 rm250. The 2001 is in much better condition, that's why im using it. I have several questions, but the most important are - What exhaust did you use and did you have to modify the pipe to make it fit? What did you do to get the airbox boot to fit the carb? How did you ream the hole out on the engine to fit the swingarm bolt thru it? Should I cut the engine case to make it narrow, or should I cut the swingarm to widen it so the engine will fit in the swingarm, and what was the amount that I need to cut from each "example- 10mm" ? Thank you dearly for any info. I am about to start work on mine this week.
masonkdx200

Post by masonkdx200 »

Ok, well for the exhaust i used a fmf gnarly and i only had to put a small dent in it. for the silencer I used a rm 250 powercore that bolted right up. For the airbox I cut the kdx just as a spacer so it would fit snug around the carb, it works but was hard to get on and i think it rubs on the shock... i plan on making something better later on. I only used a drill bit for the engine case, I dont remember what size I used. and i cut the engine case and a little off the swing arm, then i took a dremal to the case until it was perfect. Sorry I have no clue how much I took off. If I were you I wouldn't cut the engine case, and only mess with the swingarm. please ask more questions if needed, and good luck.
masonkdx200

Post by masonkdx200 »

Hi everyone. Crazy it's been five years since I started this build. Not long after i finished i blew the top end and got the cylinder sleeved and threw in new piston and rings. It never ran right and was burning coolant. It sat until now. I put a very low hour 02 200 engine in it and finished up anything that needed to be done. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome back. If you have them hosted somewhere else, you can link to them to display here.

The site runs on donations and members who donate can upload pictures.

Thank you.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128