Hybrid Fork Tuning

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
victor
Supporting Member

Hybrid Fork Tuning

Post by victor »

I am getting ready to start on my Hybrid coversion. I will be using a 2001 KX 125. I do not know much about fork tuning or rear shock tuning for that matter. if I wanted to ship my forks out to get tuned for woods riding, where would be the best place to send them to?

I would like to hear from some of the guys that already did the conversion and what suspension mods they did for the woods.

thanks
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All I did was remove 3 of the largest shims in each shim stack and she was golden.... It really depends on how they are when you get it done and ride it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
victor
Supporting Member

Post by victor »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:All I did was remove 3 of the largest shims in each shim stack and she was golden.... It really depends on how they are when you get it done and ride it.
Indawoods,
I also have a set of 1998 KX 125 forks that look like they are in much better shape then the 2001 forks. Am I better off sticking with the 2001's or are the 98's just as good?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Usually the newer the better.... I am far from an expert on the various years.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "