kdx 250 in a 2000 rm 250 frame????????

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
zombiescustoms

kdx 250 in a 2000 rm 250 frame????????

Post by zombiescustoms »

I found a 2000 rm250 complete but no motor for $250 was wondering it it would be worth picking up to do a hybrid with, any one try this??

Or should I just pick it up to part out and keep the front forks??
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hell... give it a go!

There ar CR hybrids... why not try a RM?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

The RMs are noted for their handling. If you can make it work it'd be a sweet ride.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I think it depends on your fabrication skills or how much you are willing to pay someone to fabricate things for you.

I initially was going to try a hybrid with a yz 125. The swingarm alone was going to take a lot of fabrication to make it work. I didn't even get far enough to see how the engine would fit in the frame or what would have to be done to make the exhaust work.

If it were me, I'd get the rm and scope things out to get an idea of how much work is involved. If it doesn't look like it will work out, you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back with parting out the bike.

If you can make the RM work, the cool thing is that you'd have something totally unique.