Just Saying Thanks To Ron and the Shop

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

Picked up RB Designs Carb and then had Ron Do my head KDX 220 rode it a little with just the carb and it was way better. then had him do the head and it was another jump in performance much snapper now just waiting to get it in the wood and play with the carburetor air screw adjusting love the bike more then ever.

Update 5/8/17 went riding this weekend and Wow the throttle is like a sensitive rheostat and I have to use My brakes a little more because it gets ahead of me easier now but logs, water holes easier can slow and blip it up and over makes the technical stuff easier I think.

Thanks Ron :supz: :boogie:
Last edited by shopman on 08:21 pm May 08 2017, edited 1 time in total.
1997 220R RB Carburetor, RB Head, FMF Woods Pipe, REVLOCK Clutch,Tubliss System Its green and pulls like a John Deere
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Just Saying Thanks To Ron and the Shop

Post by John_S »

I'm with you. I just got my 220 head back from Ron and took it out for a quick ride last night. Compression went from 152 to 169, the throttle response is crisper, the idle is cleaner, and has a little more pop to the sound. Nice machine work!
rock ninja

Post by rock ninja »

I had the head and carb mod done on my 200 and installed it as from Ron. A lot more power but used twice as much fuel and had a bog off idle. Changed jets and the only thing that solved the bog was to go back to stock needle. Fuel consumption went back to stock and power was better but not as dramatic.
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

THANKS THANKS Ron
1997 220R RB Carburetor, RB Head, FMF Woods Pipe, REVLOCK Clutch,Tubliss System Its green and pulls like a John Deere
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I've had both his carb and head mods done on my old E-series and on my current '98 220. I consider them both "must haves" for me. Ron rocks! :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

I now agree totally on the "must haves" and not because the top end for me but the snap at the bottom end for slow woods riding.
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

Great to see all the glowing reviews of Ron and his work! The head for my bike is over at his shop now. Hoping to get it back in time to get the bike back together for a ride next week.
99 KDX220R w/RB Designs head, Lectron 36HV carb, FMF Fatty + ?Turbincore
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

I just emailed through the address on his website.
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

Talked to him the other day about a new carb. Should be ready at the end of the month.
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

Just picked up my head from Ron's shop yesterday and put it back on the bike. Can't wait to take it out for a ride. The OEM carb has got some adjustment issues (it runs but not great) and in any case I'm just waiting for a Lectron 36HV to show up, but still I want to see what a difference the head re-do makes. He said it will have higher compression and a little higher rev range.

The guy is a craftsman and we're lucky he's still in business. If he is anything like my granddad who was a master tool & die maker and lifelong machinist, just let him do his thing and he'll let you know when it's done.

I almost want to go get another KDX220R head piece for him to do just in case my BF decides to get a KDX of his own. He hasn't tried mine yet so he doesn't know how fun it is and how addictive the 2T powerband is on the trail.
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

Update on the RB Designs head mod for KDX220R .. it is great as a standalone mod. I got to ride yesterday on the same forest roads as before, and flogged it going up hills at higher RPMs, and it worked great. Next thing up is the Lectron 36HV carb which should be here next week.
Rider47

Post by Rider47 »

I have to say the turnaround time is unreal. Sent my head to Ron on Friday got it back Monday afternoon. I threw the head on and
took it for a spin, wow what a difference. Can't wait to put the air striker on. I'm sure it will be great.
Thanks again to Ron and the shop.
2002 KDX220R
bcolemulder

Post by bcolemulder »

I sent my head in a couple of months ago and it was returned un-opened.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

bcolemulder wrote: 03:59 pm Jul 18 2019 I sent my head in a couple of months ago and it was returned un-opened.
Sorry to hear that. You have to contact him before sending in work now.

Ron lasted post on May 7, 2019...
Hello, this is Ron with RB Designs;

We have enjoyed building high performance parts for motorcycles for 50+ years and I have now turned 70 years old, and going into semi-retirement.

We still plan on supplying our great brand NEW modified carbs for the KDX 200/220's and other PWK 38mm carbs for the late model popular 250 and 300 bikes. We will also have some carbs for the RD's.

I am taking a little time off right now and plan on getting back at it in the new upcoming year. So please check back from time to time to see our new carbs offerings and and other work.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have used our products and hope you are extreamly happy your new all around performance,

Thank you, Ron
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

I have the RB carb, head mod and KX stem swap on my 2000 220R and getting the same done to my 1996 200.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200