RB carb

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
streetlegal
Gold Member
Gold Member

RB carb

Post by streetlegal »

Has anyone had problems with new Rb carbs? Has anyone taken a RB carb off for a lectron? I would like to know if lectron is a good alternative? Thanks
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: RB carb

Post by Tedh98 »

I had a RB carb, then tried the Lectron, then went back to the RB carb.

I have a hybrid and the Lectron fit no problems. The person I sold the Lectron to said there was a small fitment issue on his KDX. The top of the carb hit the frame before he could get it fully upright. He said it ran well with it at an angle.

The names that come to mind of other Lectron owners all have hybrids as well. Not sure if that fitment issue was an isolated thing or if it applies to all KDXs.

What problems are you having with your RB carb?
gots_a_sol

Post by gots_a_sol »

Tedh98 wrote:I had a RB carb, then tried the Lectron, then went back to the RB carb.

What was the reason you took the Lectron off? I've seen your posts saying you've taken it off, but never a why.

I've been running one on my husky for over 3 years now and love it.

Sorry for the thread jack.
-Joe

Husky WR177 - KX125 (200 soon)
streetlegal
Gold Member
Gold Member

RB carb

Post by streetlegal »

I have been riding and working on bikes for almost 40 years so I have experience but I can't get it dialed in. Even tried it on a buddy's bike. I won't say anything about RB's work as that would probably be a lynching offense on here but I'd prefer to use a different carb. If the lectron has fitment issues maybe a new pwk 35? Maybe carb off different bike? Looking for more performance. Any suggestions are appreciated. My bike is 2001 kdx220. Thanks
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

Ive had no issues with my lectron on my 250 once i got it dialed in. I would probably have gone the rb route, but i could not see spending almost $200 on a 23 year old carb. I did consider buying a new carb from him already done but went with the lectron instead. I would love to check out a rb carb one day.
streetlegal
Gold Member
Gold Member

RB carb

Post by streetlegal »

I spent almost $400 and went with the new carb because I was told mine was shot. I may just go with another new pwk 35 that hasn't been modded or just put the old one back on as it ran good.
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

Have you contacted him and let him have a look at it. What is it doing. Seems a lot of people like them. The lectrons are nice, but thats another $400 ouch.
streetlegal
Gold Member
Gold Member

RB carb

Post by streetlegal »

I've decided not to spend another $400 and just run the old carb. Bike has always ran great so I'm hoping to get it back the way it was before messing with it. Guess sometimes it's best to leave things alone when they're working well. Thanks for information on lectron I would have been sick when it didn't fit right.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

tell us exactly what the symptoms are so we can give you some suggestions
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Tedh98 wrote:I had a RB carb, then tried the Lectron, then went back to the RB carb.
I've considered a Lectron carb, just so I can ride different temps and elevations without fiddling with the carb. What didn't you like about it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

i was interested in the rb modified (divider plate) version of my pwk, until i read a drew posts about the higher velocity causing a rich condition and subsequent rejetting that would be needed. after reading that it sounded more like messing up a good thing , and since mine runs fantastic, i think I'll stick with how it is.

for reference, I'm running a new pwk 35 after trying to sort out the stock carb that was worn out, from my kdx220. just my experience
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

RB carb

Post by jjavaman »

Did you get the head mod done when you got the carb done? My 220 flies with those mods.
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod