Costco "Camelback"

Feedback on products.....
Wazowski

Costco "Camelback"

Post by Wazowski »

I don't know if any of the Costco's across the US carries all the same things but I gotta tell ya, they recently put out a really nice "camelback" style sports pack with a 2 liter capacity for $19.99

I mean this thing is nice. Lots of pockets and really nice padding across the back. Waist support and sternum band all easily and fully adjustable on the fly.

Insulated bladder..even an iPod pocket and grommet for the headphones. Come's in Kawi green, Yami blue and generic black for those of you who can't decide.

I bought it now cuz they came out in July and I need it for the Mystery 250 in June of next year. Figured if I waited I wouldn't have it for the ride.

I'll let you know how it holds up this weekend at the Poker Ride at Brown's camp. In the mean time check out your local Costco..they now have an instant rebate of 5 bucks so this thing is now only 14.99!

Waz
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" - Emmet Brown
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I bought my sons at WALMART & got a new bladder to put in my "THOR RADIATOR" $28 for the Hydro-Pak & $8 for the Bladder
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

Good news about the Costco High Sierra hydration pack...

No after taste!

This 2L pack has lived up to my best expectations considering it's modest (hell..cheap!) price. It kept all 2L of water cold throughout my ride with the exception of the last drop I sucked out of it and that was mostly what was left in the tube so you'd expect THAT to be a little warm.

I was flat on my back twice (more on that elsewhere) and can find no visible damage. I had plenty of space for whatever I need to carry but I wonder about two things...

1 Is 2L enough? We rode about 4 hours total and I sucked it dry. I loaded it with ice and topped it of but was surprized that I found the bottom. I can't usually drink a quart of water in 4 hours let alone a half gallon. It may be that I just didn't fill it as completely as I could have.

OR, the ride was so brutal that I needed every drop!!

2 Does it have enough capacity to carry everything I will need on a 250 mile overnighter like the Mystery 250? I mean really...what should I be carrying on a long duration ride that won't fit in this pack? I had my tow rope, some foot powder, half a roll of TP...my tools are in my trail pack on the fender and of course I will be far more prepared for a longer ride but...

..will it be enough?

I guess we'll see. Still for the money I can't say anything bad about the Costco High Sierras Hydration pack. Comfy light weight...I hardly knew it was there but glad at every stop to be able to rehydrate instantly.

A good buy.

Waz
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Zip ty the tow rope to your upper fork tube for a little more space in the bag.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Zip ty the tow rope to your upper fork tube for a little more space in the bag.
Funny you should bring that up mOrie...That's exactly where it started when we left on the run.

Near the end of the first loop we came across a KDX'r on about an '87 KDX200 I think is what he said. Anyway it was stalled dead in the road, said he heard a bang noise and she quit and now unable to get started. Motor was seized. His girlfriend was along on a quad so I offered him my tow rope, which was zip tied right were you said.

He rolled into camp just a few minutes behind us and rather that zip ty it back on the shock tube I just stuffed it in that pack.

Good tip though...I wish everyone would carry a tow rope...

Waz
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Waz;
I recall the Mystery had pit stops along the way with free stuff to drink and refill your pac. Also, they will shuttle anything you want to over to the hotel you will stay at that evening. It was nice to have clean riding gear for the next day. If you have extra socks, boots, helmet liner, goggles, etc. they will have them ready at the hotel when you arrive.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Waz;
I recall the Mystery had pit stops along the way with free stuff to drink and refill your pac. Also, they will shuttle anything you want to over to the hotel you will stay at that evening. It was nice to have clean riding gear for the next day. If you have extra socks, boots, helmet liner, goggles, etc. they will have them ready at the hotel when you arrive.
Good news again!

I guess I'll stick with this pack unless I wear it out before the ride.

Did you find one at the Costco down your way?
Dewey
Supporting Member

Post by Dewey »

I found a 2 liter Game Winner Hydration Pack at Academy Sports last week for $14.63. I bought three of them. My son and I tried ours out last Saturday on a 4-5 hour ride. They seem to work fine and fit nicely under chest protectors. They have a nice little pocket at the top and the elastic tie thing. My only complaint is the bite valve is straight instead of 90 degrees. It's not a Camelbak, but I am satisfied with them for the money.

Check out URL below if interested. If you go looking for them in a store, they are with the hunting clothes and packs, not the bike gear.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 04330-1702

Dewey
Dewey
02 -KDX220