Oxbow Helmet Light Alternative

Feedback on products.....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Oxbow Helmet Light Alternative

Post by SS109 »

Here my first look and comparison of the cheap Amazon helmet light vs the Oxbow Voyager. Personally, I think this is a way better value than the Oxbow but I can understand why some would want the easier to mount Oxbow. I think it is just as bright as the Oxbow and I prefer the mode of operation of the cheaper light. Anyway, I haven't done an actual ride with it yet so we shall see. I'll post up my ride review here when it happens.

Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Oxbow Helmet Light Alternative

Post by Chuck78 »

How's the battery run time?

Amazon claims 6-8 hours on a fully charged battery, but doesn't state if thats 6 hours on low and 8 hours on high etc.

https://www.amazon.com/TANSOREN-Lumens- ... 00Y441QT2/

I believe that's the same exact light.

Night riding is awesome 👍
Even a familiar trail feels like a completely different world and completely different experience. I'm trying to get more friends set up on their KDX's & KTM's with good headlights. As a backup, I carry a rechargeable bicycle headlight at night, but also can use that for friends.
We've done short night rides going into twilight hours with the 2 guys without headlights, each one sandwiched between the 3 bikes with headlights. It'll get you out of the woods, but is no goodfor technical rock gardens or othef tricky terrain, obviously...

Let me know about the real run time on low or high if you can.

I've added this to my shopping list 👍
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Oxbow Helmet Light Alternative

Post by SS109 »

The Oxbow was close to it's claimed run time on high at 2h 54m. The cheap Tansoren was 3h 26m on high. I assume the difference was that the LED's in the Tansoren put out less light but my eyes couldn't see the difference or it could be because it has a much larger heat sink, thereby running cooler, and making the battery last longer. The Oxbow runs hot enough it hurts to touch it even when I had a small fan cooling both lights during testing whereas the Tansoren was hot but could be touched with your bare hand.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R