220 w/fmf rev

Feedback on products.....
DonnyV
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

220 w/fmf rev

Post by DonnyV »

All I can say is "holy cow" wow. Funny the first thing I noticed was the little loss on the bottom but boy when it gets up there hold on. I coupled my new investment with Hyde skid plate w/pipeguard, same installment issues as everyone else who purchased one, definitely good protection for the pipe, I'll give it some time with some good rides and report back with any issues.

But I'm wandering if I should of went with the woods pipe because I spend most of my riding on the bottom end, this thing is fast and I'm not trying to kill myself lol
03 220 w/fmf rev, RB head mod
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 220 w/fmf rev

Post by doakley »

No, stay with the rev pipe. The loss of low end with the rev pipe is unnoticeable in riding but the loss of top end with the woods pipe is very noticeable. What reeds are you running? you might find Boysen reeds will restore some of the low end grunt. I have run both pipes on my 220 and the rev is definitely the better choice.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I put some VForce reeds in and picked up a bunch of low end. Advance your timing as well.
'00 KDX 220R
DonnyV
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by DonnyV »

I have boysen super stock reeds. I think I really just need some rides with this setup maybe change my front sprocket back to the 12 tooth, I was looking at the vforce reeds also
03 220 w/fmf rev, RB head mod
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

The FMF torque ring (Fredette invented it - he can tell you the story) actually helps some with the low end. Give FRP a call.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA