PSA: RM ATV/MC HD EBC clutch springs

Feedback on products.....
decluk13

PSA: RM ATV/MC HD EBC clutch springs

Post by decluk13 »

I was doing some winter maintenance and decided to replace the clutch with a Tusk kit and EBC HD springs. The springs that arrived are marked part# CSK30. EBC site calls out CSK116 for the KDX200/220 96&^. Others have had this same issue with the CSK30 springs going into coil bind before the clutch can travel enough to disengage but I didn's see an EBC number listed in those posts.
I spoke with RM and they said they will work to correct the listing. They remedied by helping me out with a set of stock springs which from some past posts is probably a better option. I was happy with their response.
Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone else doing winter maintenance if the springs come marked CSK30 they probably aren't correct.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: PSA: RM ATV/MC HD EBC clutch springs

Post by kdxsully »

Wrong parts. Always a good time.
I like turtles
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yes it is an issue if you get the EBC clutch kit, which is why I always say use the OEM springs. This problem has been around for at least 10 years and I have a half dozen sets of EBC springs to show for it lol
decluk13

Post by decluk13 »

I go the new stock springs and it's all put together and functioning once again. Unfortunately I didn't get the improvement I was looking for as the bike still lacks any medium/middle/slip engagement. The clutch is like a light switch all or none. I think I will turn to the fluid and try ATF Type F as weather permits. I had to cut testing short with temps in the 20s I was getting some detonation. 8" of snow probably doesn't give a great sense of how a clutch is working anyway.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

At those temps your oil isn't going to be very agreeable. My clutch is on/off first thing in the morning on the cold days and settles in as it warms up. IIWM I'd make sure everything is adjusted to spec and wait for a bit of warmer weather to test it.