Alpinestars Tech 8 boots

Feedback on products.....
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alpinestars Tech 8 boots

Post by treelimb »

I cheated here as my wife actually bought me this newest pair,with the multi-colors, however that does not diminish the absolute comfort and wearability (misspelled? KDX G,KDX G?) of these boots. I came out of Alpinestars Tech 5's,the older 2006ish ones that are leather and oh so fine with their soles that are soles with stitches and all that great stuff that I was about to have resoled (I did indeed keep them for just that and now I am lost regarding sentence structure reflecting on my all time fav boots) but the wife bought me a few items to enhance my ride and the Tech 8's were in that package.
Anyway, break in was minimal with or without the booties, and the comfort is present almost immediately. Oh wait,in between the two pairs of Stars,there was a pair of 661's that I wore a hole in the right ankle within 2 months so I am biased from the onset against cheap boots.
Back to the Tech 8's- try'em you'll love'em. I'm not sure if they qualify as upper end boots but I honestly think they have my old Tech 5"s beat in comfort and wearability with the added bonus of stitched soles.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Alpinestars Tech 8 boots

Post by KDXGarage »

Do the 8's have the removable booties?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alpinestars Tech 8 boots

Post by treelimb »

yes sir they do. they are really cute and fit easily on one's foot and slide into the Tech 8 's as if they are lubed. ( sorry. multitasking and reading another smart aleck message and lost thought process) but anyway the booties are cuties and are comfy but tend to be warm the longer a ride becomes. they were really warm in February when i first got them and I can envision the need perhaps, but being a minimalist, i opt to not wear them.

I have so many reviews and so little time.