Kenda Equilibrium tires 18"/19"

Feedback on products.....
KDF200X

Kenda Equilibrium tires 18"/19"

Post by KDF200X »

Hello again
The Kenda Equilibrium is a Trials/Enduro soft compound monodirectional hybrid tire. I have probably a dozen hours on the 18", and a couple dozen hours on the 19".

The 18"
The profile of this tire to me was somewhat blockish. The tire is, I bealieve 4.5" wide(114.5mm). The side lugs are very long and it leads to a tall squareish apperience.
It rode well. I fitted it with an Uber heavy duty tube at 8psi. This hooked up! The flex/ roll, of such a large volume tire at low psi was obvious (heavyweight here). I lost the tube out of it after a few hours(I think it would work with a second rim lock). The second time around I used the same type of tube but at 13psi. This lasted for the time I used this tire. Little wear after ~12hrs. PS.200cc 2 stroke

The 19"
This is a 120-90-19" tire. It's profile I a very round and reminiscent of a motocross tire.I fitted this with an ultra heavy duty as well. This time I started at 13psi and have settled on 8-10psi.
The 19" will lay down in a rutted corner with no roll. Traction is good, no loss of side lugs. After a couple of dozen hours, I am just wearing through the ~⅛-3/16" deep slits across the face of the lugs. PS.450cc 4 stroke

Riding environment/style; I am not a wheel spinner, traction is King. I ride Michigan DNR ORV/Motorcycle trails, and private land trails. Lots of sand under about a foot of topsoil(I find it funny that when it's wet n muddy the woops drain at random), bermed corners, woooooops(DNR aka public trail issue), and the occasional exposed root systems. I DO NOT ride these tires on asfault/concrete it causes much more wear to the tire.(they are DOT approved and do provide excellent traction)

In summary I like this tire. Though it's not specific to the terrain, it did provide a consistent predictable amount of traction up to and including wet smooth root formations. In all honesty I will be trying another tire with my next purchase. There is a paddle/knobby hybrid making it's way through my riding group, that seems nearly perfect for our terrain.
'86 Kdx200/ '04 Kx250f - hybrid
'06 Kx450f
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Kenda Equilibrium tires 18"/19"

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for the report!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

Don’t know how I missed this. Ty.
I have 18” hanging on the wall. And it’s time to swap.
I am thinking of getting the Tubliss and running 6.
What do you think?
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I'll add that it's a real bear to fit on an e series. I just threw one on and had to get a longer chain with the snail adjusters set to at least 4.5 for the tire to clear the swingarm. I haven't gotten any ride time on it yet, still have some work to do on the bike before we can get it back out on the trails.