bridgestone battlecross x30

Feedback on products.....
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

Just rode a set of these last weekend and have to say they kick ass. Well better than the at81 set I had, and those were pretty ok. The x30 provides good bite and *very* good consistency. They seem durable as well, the at81 tires were chunking off after 3 rides. I'll report back on that.

I will mention that the front will wash out under hard braking in soft fluffy dirt. I took an out of no-where digger 3 times. BUT like I said consistent. It consistently threw me off. Don't brake hard while initiating a turn (the at81f rewards that type of riding).

I will also mention the rear tire. For me, it had GOBS more traction that at81. Honestly it was night and day. I was surprised/rewarded much more than once with a nice power wheelie on accident.

Worth the $160 and my new favorite tire.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: bridgestone battlecross x30

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for the report. I have a set of them, but I have not put them on a bike yet.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
CAL-kawi

Post by CAL-kawi »

It's always great to read a new tire review! I don't think you stated what kind of riding your doing though - fast mx or desert / slow woods, hard or soft terrain etc. I've found tires to be extremely case dependant.
The AT81 has been great for my conditions, a slower mix of loamy root filled woods and generally firmer conditions. Had lasted very well too with little chunking. I doubt the x30 would work as well in my conditions, carcass looks too firm.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: bridgestone battlecross x30

Post by newbbewb »

good point CAL-kawi. Oregon state, although I hail from Wa state. 12 psi front, 10 back. 89 kawi kx125 w/ built kdx200 engine, been riding for this bike for 3 years. I have 300 or so seat time hours on this bike.

First ride on these tires I rode Mccubbins gulch, Mt Hood area Lots of rocks, a few small hillclimbs. Flour in the berms, not deep, hard pack on the straights with some babyhead style round rocks buried in trail. If it helps you imagine, it will wain for an hour or two at night and by morning it's the perfect tacky stuff. Riding style for me is faster at Mccubbins, mostly stand up, 2nd gear on pipe, 3rd gear sit down and let her bog. Not much super technical at all. Amateur hour for sure, but fun.

Hood River ORV was second ride. It is at this place I washed my front tire out 3 times as mentioned earlier. More "earthy" dirt here, but in clear cut sections can get very dusty and silty. In the clear cut at Hood River ORV the dirt is exactly like Mccubbins Gulch, which is very flour like and I had to problem with front tire. Get into the trails at Hood River ORV and it's traction BLISS and these tires really worked well. There are mini rhythm sections everywhere. I had fun with these. 75 miles.

Third place was close to me, riding dirty. Privately owned land, backed up to homes. WAY outta city limits. Think foothills. Approx 40 miles of local homeowner/rider maintained trails. Gnarly hillclimbs, super technical slick rooty corners, the toughest stuff I've ever ridden. I cut my teeth on a dirt bike here. Dirt is of the hero status. Very earthy, tons of traction, lots of sharp jagged rocks. You generally never get out of second gear here, and clutch lever is being abused. Lots of tire spin over log crossings, rocky hillclimbs, you name it. These tires showed good traction where there was none to be found by at81 in same conditions.

Hope that helps.

*edit* I have to add that I was never more than 30 seconds off of a ktm300exc and ktm450xc or whatever 4 stroke. Both AA/expert riders. I've been riding with these guys for 4 years, close friends, and thats never happened. It could be where the hybrid is happy, but pretty sure it was tires, I kid you not.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com