alpinestar tech 3 boots

Feedback on products.....
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

alpinestar tech 3 boots

Post by canamfan »

I bought these tech 3 boots yesterday cause my 20 year old o-neal elements were beyond woreout.Those element boots were cheap to begin with but after 20 years they were like riding with tennis shoes. I put the alpinestars on and went for a ride, man they were so stiff and unbendable i had a hard time shifting and missed the rear brake several times cause I couldn't feel it. They loosened up a little. I just wondered if all the new boots made now are this stiff and will they loosen up enough that I am going to be able to flex my ankle up and down. It feels like they will have good protection as far as getting your ankle bent sideways, I hope they loosen up. What are your guys experiences with these boots?
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: alpinestar tech 3 boots

Post by newbbewb »

As with any boot, they will loosen up a bit, and you'll get used to it. I've never been able to feel the rear brake very well with any boot if it makes you feel better. The tech 3's are a good budget boot, much better for riding than any work boot. If you spend more you'll start getting nice to have things like articulated ankle straps and boot liners that helps them fit and move better while still providing support.

Check these out. Either model around $500, thats why I don't have a set...yet.
http://www.sidisport.com/eng/scheda.php ... 1&lng_riv=
http://www.gaerneusa.com/sg10
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Gaernes don't have a tendency to be stiff. They loosen up a tad, but they're enjoyable from the first ride.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I used to have some Alpinestars from 1992. When I went to Gaerne SG-10 boots, it felt like I had a couple of ankle casts on. They did loosen up some, but I am WAY more protected in my current boots than those old boots.

You are NOT going to EVER have as much ankle flex and "feel" in a modern boot as those old leather high-top house shoes. I had to learn to rely on lifting my leg for shifting and pushing hard to get the rear brake to go.

It is something you will get more used to as time goes on.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128