Triple clamps for 48mm fork swap

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Duper80
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Triple clamps for 48mm fork swap

Post by Duper80 »

Hey guys, so I was searching for a modern kx inverted front end to do a swap on my '89 kdx200 but I just scored a set of '12 yz250 sss 48mm forks that were recently serviced and super clean for what I think was an insanely great price, just wondering if anyone has done a 48mm swap on their e-series and has suggestions on the best triple clamps for this conversion?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Triple clamps for 48mm fork swap

Post by bufftester »

Don't know if anyone has done that specific fork, but the easiest way will be to get the triples for the year of the fork and then figure out the stem swap, bearing/bushing sizes and spacers.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

bufftester wrote: 08:07 pm Nov 03 2021 Don't know if anyone has done that specific fork, but the easiest way will be to get the triples for the year of the fork and then figure out the stem swap, bearing/bushing sizes and spacers.
I 100% agree. :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Duper80
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Duper80 »

Yeah that was my initial plan but I just wanted to find out if maybe triples from another model (kx,rm,cr ...) might work better with less modifications/alterations (bump stops, knurling, etc..etc..) I guess no matter which ones I get their all going to need about the same amount anyway.. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!
Duper80
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Duper80 »

Just an update, those forks I originally purchased turned out to be '05 (still a great deal for $140 since they were recently rebuilt and in mint condition) But I just scored an even better deal with a complete '12 yz250 front end, forks/triples/front wheel.. I'll update again with info and photos after I visit the machine shop and figure out if its just a stem swap or if it needs to be knurled also