2006 kdx front fork conversion?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDXTEX

2006 kdx front fork conversion?

Post by KDXTEX »

Will and what years are good for a 2006 kdx 200 fork upgrade? Its my dads bike and looking to beef it up a little, you know for them extra pounds seating on the seat.
KDXTEX

Re: 2006 kdx front fork conversion?

Post by KDXTEX »

Looks like kx 125 or 250 will work.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

A lot of guys put the Klx forks on their bikes. I think some guys do KX too. But you’re gonna need the whole front end for either I believe, or swap stems (which requires machining)
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. We have 15 years of people doing front end swaps in the "Fork Conversion" subforum that I moved your posts to. It is very informative.

If it is just a concern about his weight, then one can just buy stiffer fork springs.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXTEX

Post by KDXTEX »

Truth be told he doesn’t know if he wants to buy new or just beef up his bike. I wouldn’t mind gaining the knowledge on a swap job but i did read in other post about older fork swaps. Thanks
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The best bang for the buck will be to spring the bike properly for his weight, both front and rear. It is IMO the best performance upgrade you can do, and should be the first place you spend money. For about $100 each end you can get the right springs and the bike will be noticeably better to ride. Unless he's planning to spend a lot of time on the track or jumping it would be my recommendation. Spring it, set the sag/preloads, and go. If you're set on doing a swap it will be much more depending on how you source your parts. In that case, search the forums for the last 20 years of mods, nearly everything has been tried at one time or another.
KDXTEX

Post by KDXTEX »

Thanks for yalls opinion and i think i will adjust the springs to the weight of the rider