Why Convert Front End?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Why Convert Front End?

Post by MoonStomper »

Jakej63 wrote: 08:19 am Sep 20 2020 New member here, and I realize this is an old thread but I thought I would share my experiences with the old conventional forks for people reading this thread in the future.
As an open A rider my opinion is the function of the fork isnt too bad, especially doing what it was meant for, offroad. Yes they have some flex, but I dont find it an issue, I think what most of the riders who have swapped forks because of flex are talking about twist. (Wheel turns from trail influences and the bars stay straight) This can be fixed with a fork brace.
For me the biggest problem with the forks is the amount of axle under hang. I’ve hit the dirt hard because of snagging the fork “lug” on rocks and tree roots. Even when I dont crash it hurts when the bars get yanked out of my hands. 25 years ago when there were plenty of conventional forks roaming trails, they kept the rocks roots and ruts knocked down, but with fewer and fewer conventionals on the trail the kdx is at a disadvantage here.
Just my .02
Do you have a picture and source for a fork brace? I’d like to see this.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Why Convert Front End?

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128