After gold valves and shock rebuild

A service reference
bikeman2502001

After gold valves and shock rebuild

Post by bikeman2502001 »

Finally got to ride yesterday and sure am sore all over a good thing i need the exercise. The forks are much better with the gold valves,springs and 7.5 weight. I liked the better rebound with the thicker oil, muck better control all around, neither end unloaded on me like before the shock preformed alot better I did not touch the valving when i did the service Surprisingly the suspension loved the fast stuff, when the woops get alot farther apart and speed was up 4th and 5th gear I could really feel that the suspension was well balanced on both ends and I no longer had the rebound problem that i had before in the shock . I think the front end is done but im going to revalve the compression dampening in the shock as a first step to see if I can get it better on square edge stuff as it wasnt too good in that department. Both ends stay up in the travel well not soft and mushy surprisingly Going again Sunday as our National forest just opened up. Keep the rubber side down!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: After gold valves and shock rebuild

Post by KDXGarage »

Nice report! Get out and ride.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: After gold valves and shock rebuild

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Nice! I as well had the shock spring replaced and Gold Valves added. Been on one ride, but night and day difference. I'd say the majority of it was due to the spring rate actually being set up for my weight, but I am sure the Gold Valves helped! Enjoy!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200