Forks question - Is stock that bad?

A service reference
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Forks question - Is stock that bad?

Post by SS109 »

sarrant wrote:
Jaguar wrote:EBay of course. Ohlins from a 2002 GasGas 200 EC has the same length as the KDX shock.
Makes sense that it would fit. Didn't Gas Gas copy the KDX chassis pretty heavily for their bike?
GasGas based a lot of it off the KX motocross chassis.
Jaguar wrote:I have no idea but if money wasn't an issue I'd get a Gas-Gas for my next bike. A riding buddy had one and man was it sweet.
Yup, the only other bike I would care to own is a GasGas. They are absolutely awesome bikes and especially so with the full Ohlins suspension. Plus, I like pre '12 (?) bikes when they were slightly smaller. IMO, ergonomically speaking, they feel very similar to a KDX so it didn't take me no time to adjust to my '05 DE250.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ced64k
Supporting Member

Forks question - Is stock that bad?

Post by ced64k »

lucy wrote:I have never seen a photo of Jeff Fredette riding a 200/220 with USD forks.

'Nuff said.
It was commercial I think. I guess Fredette had a contract with Kawasaki to ride the KDX and it had to look like a stock KDX. But I don't think one second the fork was standard.

It's like this World Enduro GP XR back in the days. It looks like a standard XR but it was a factory fork with Honda CR parts :