Well CRAP

Causes and cures...
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Well CRAP

Post by ihatefalling »

Was going around a downed tree yesterday. Been around this tree a dozen times. There must have been a loose rock under the leaves b/c before I knew it, my front end washed out to the right. Bike went down on my left leg, twisting my ankle back or under or something. Long story short.....I chipped off a quarter inch piece off the bottom of my fibula. Looks like I'm out for 4-6 weeks. This SUCKS. :cry: :cry: Ya'll think of me from time to time while your out on the trail . . . . .
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

You are not alone. :sad:

Five weeks ago I was riding pretty hard and the front washed out on me as well. It was in a corner with a berm and when it went it somehow through me from the bike. I landed hard on my right side. The good news, I got some nice scrapes on my shoulder and hip and the bike was still OK to ride out. The bad news, two broke ribs and I chipped off a piece of bone in my hand. I tried to continue on but new something was really messed up in my hand so I turned around and rode out. Funny thing is my helmet wouldn't have even touched the ground if it wasn't for the visor and it just barely touched. Man, I'm itching to ride!

:partyman: Here is to you for a speedy recovery!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

At least you guys were riding.

Last week I had the bike up on the stand, for some weekly maintenance. I'm only 5'7", so in order to take it down from the stand, I have to get on the left side, reach over and grab the pipe just in front of the number plate, and pull it to my chest. Then I lean back with the bike on my chest, and throw it down. I'll say 2 things. I have never had a bike on the stand that has a kickstand, and I almost always wear my work boots in the shop. That day I had my running shoes on.
The kickistand was down, and when I threw the bike down, it came down full force on my small toe.
Not only did it break the toe, but being a little sharp, it ripped the skin right off the top of it, from the foot, down to the nail. It's been a pretty painful, and humbling week since. :oops:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Hope all of you recover well and SOON!!! Damn!

Zomby Woof. I am only 5'5" and, of course, a girl. Pickin' up the ol' man's KDX onto the stand for the fork job sucked. To make it worse, it DID fall off of the stand once and somehow, I got lucky. I didn't go down with it. Now I had to pick it up off of it's side and lift it back up on to the stand a second time! Luckily, all I got was a few sore muscles.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Well CRAP

Post by Varmint »

>|<>QBB<
ihatefalling wrote:Was going around a downed tree yesterday. Been around this tree a dozen times. There must have been a loose rock under the leaves b/c before I knew it, my front end washed out to the right. Bike went down on my left leg, twisting my ankle back or under or something. Long story short.....I chipped off a quarter inch piece off the bottom of my fibula. Looks like I'm out for 4-6 weeks. This SUCKS. :cry: :cry: Ya'll think of me from time to time while your out on the trail . . . . .
No boots? :naughty:
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

SS109....I hope you're about ready to ride. 4-6 wekks off is going to SUCK!

V V, That's the confusing part....I did have boots on. Part of me wonders if I twisted my ankle (which maybe doesn't make a lot of sense b/c surely I wold have wrenched my knee a little too) or not.

I kind-of think that maybe the bike went down ON my ankle and ther was a rock under my ankle...make sense?

When I look at the boot now, I cen't really see any twisting marks or heavy scrapes/gouges on it. I guess I really don't know how it happened.

Of course.....one of my KTM clones had to rag me a little bit about "if you had a stiffer front end maybe it wouldn't have washed out." I'm not sure of that statement, but since I've got PLENTY of time on my hands today I'm wondering if a front end conversion is in my future???

I've got stock forks with gold valves and I run 7.5 weight fork oil.

One thing I LOVE about the KDX is the "softness" of the ride. I worry about KX forks being motocross forks and therefore riding harsh in the woods??

I guess I need to read up more about them Let the conversion comments rip ! !
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged