bent carb floats

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
tucker
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

bent carb floats

Post by tucker »

Hi

I suspect my carb floats themselves have been bent (not the actual tab on the carb which they sit on).

I am looking at just buying new ones.

I thought I would check to see if anyone knows how these should sit in stock form? Like flat? bent up / down at all? Problem is I've tried bending it back a bit but cant get them flush and then i've set the float height with a gauge but the fuel level seems off still (like too rich).

Cheers
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: bent carb floats

Post by SS109 »

The assembly they are attached to should be perfectly straight except the level adjustment tab. While you'rein it, check your jet block gasket as it, too, will create a rich condition.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: bent carb floats

Post by TwistedRoot »

SS109 wrote: 02:21 am Jun 18 2021 The assembly they are attached to should be perfectly straight except the level adjustment tab. While you'rein it, check your jet block gasket as it, too, will create a rich condition.
+1 on the jet block gasket. I think I chased a rich condition for over a year, then went and bought an RB carb. Once I finally installed the JBG on my old carb, it ran perfectly. :roll:
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220