Gnarly woods pipe?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Skygod1

Gnarly woods pipe?

Post by Skygod1 »

I’m sort of new to the KDX world, so maybe this is common knowledge. I can’t find a Gnarly Woods pipe anywhere in internet land. It seems like they are out of stock everywhere. Is there such high demand or is there a supply issue? If anyone knows where I can get one for my kdx200 I would be truly grateful.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Re: Gnarly woods pipe?

Post by Slick_Nick »

There's a bit of a run on all parts for all bikes at the moment, although I'm not even sure if you could still get a new Gnarly from FMF or if they've discontinued the KDX pipes. Worth giving them a call anyways to see if it's available, then you'll at least know if you need to look for a used one somewhere.
'00 KDX 220R
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Skygod1, where are you located?
Skygod1

Post by Skygod1 »

I’m in central Ohio.
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

What year? Rocky mountain ATV is a good place. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/part ... 2-p?v=3732
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

I have one in Eastern NC you can have if you’ll make a donation to the website. It has about a 6” split where I let it stay in the freezer too long trying to remove some dents. (At least the dents are gone). You’ll have to get it welded but any decent welding shop should be able to do this. You pay the freight.
It’s certainly usable after repair. I just used that excuse to buy a Rev pipe for my 220 which is what I should have bought in the first place.
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

I'm surprised that RMATV is out of stock as well. I just recently picked one up for my '04 200, and glad I did. I've been waiting on another part from them, and every time they have a projected date of when it will be in stock, when that date comes they just push it out another week, and then another week... hopefully it's not the same with the FMF woods pipe.
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
Wvaughn7

Post by Wvaughn7 »

Skygod1 certainly has first dibs but I would be interested in the pipe doakley. Just joined up here a week or so ago after getting back into riding but the place is awesome. I’ve read your whole nationals thread and about every three from the past year already haha. Currently doing a build on a 96 Barney bike 200.
clappy379
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by clappy379 »

FMF still makes the woods and desert pipe, including the spark arrestor. I think it's like everything these days - supply chain logjams and huge demand for recreational vehicles and parts...

I got a desert pipe and muffler a couple months ago, I think it may just be like trying to find a new bike right now.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

FMF has been way behind for a long time now. They're based in California so all that has gone with the covid stuff affected them. I've had buddies that have been waiting months for pipes and/or silencers from them.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R