Crank maintenance specs.

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
chipper203

Crank maintenance specs.

Post by chipper203 »

Hi guys, I pulled my top end apart to inspect it and it needs a rebuild. But also there seems to be a lot of play in the connecting rod at the crank. Would anyone happen to know the measurement specs, or where I could find them. (EDIT, see reply below.) Thanks!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Crank maintenance specs.

Post by bufftester »

For the service manual you need to either buy one, or subscribe to Cyclepedia, link is back on the home page somewhere. There can be a little side to side play in the crank, but absolutely no up and down. Rod big end side clearance service limit is 0.70 mm. How do you know you need a top end rebuild without a manual and the specs?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

The manual is copyrighted, Please don't ask for or post any links to copyright infringement material on kdxrider.net.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
chipper203

Post by chipper203 »

bufftester wrote: 10:14 pm Aug 20 2019 For the service manual you need to either buy one, or subscribe to Cyclepedia, link is back on the home page somewhere. There can be a little side to side play in the crank, but absolutely no up and down. Rod big end side clearance service limit is 0.70 mm. How do you know you need a top end rebuild without a manual and the specs?
Do you have a link for the service manual? I can’t find it, a link to it would be greatly appreciated. There are scars on the piston and the cylinder, I don’t think I need the book for that part.
chipper203

Post by chipper203 »

chipper203 wrote: 06:18 am Aug 21 2019
bufftester wrote: 10:14 pm Aug 20 2019 For the service manual you need to either buy one, or subscribe to Cyclepedia, link is back on the home page somewhere. There can be a little side to side play in the crank, but absolutely no up and down. Rod big end side clearance service limit is 0.70 mm. How do you know you need a top end rebuild without a manual and the specs?
Do you have a link for the service manual? I can’t find it, a link to it would be greatly appreciated. There are scars on the piston and the cylinder, I don’t think I need the book for that part.

I was able google and find the book. I purchased it. Thanks