Crank maintenance specs.

This area is for KDX 200 H series part numbers etc...
chipper203

Crank maintenance specs.

Post by chipper203 » 09:07 pm Aug 20 2019

Hi guys, I pulled my top end apart to inspect it and it needs a rebuild. But also there seems to be a lot of play in the connecting rod at the crank. Would anyone happen to know the measurement specs, or where I could find them. (EDIT, see reply below.) Thanks!

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Crank maintenance specs.

Post by bufftester » 10:14 pm Aug 20 2019

For the service manual you need to either buy one, or subscribe to Cyclepedia, link is back on the home page somewhere. There can be a little side to side play in the crank, but absolutely no up and down. Rod big end side clearance service limit is 0.70 mm. How do you know you need a top end rebuild without a manual and the specs?

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage » 12:05 am Aug 21 2019

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

The manual is copyrighted, Please don't ask for or post any links to copyright infringement material on kdxrider.net.
kdxrider.net forum member doakley participating in National Enduro series: (current class standing, 4th!)
viewtopic.php?f=136&t=23217&sid=e6a86d8 ... 9&start=40

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo: To post pictures here: "Full editor", "Attachments", "Add files", select the picture, "Open", "Place inline"

chipper203

Post by chipper203 » 06:18 am Aug 21 2019

bufftester wrote:
10:14 pm Aug 20 2019
For the service manual you need to either buy one, or subscribe to Cyclepedia, link is back on the home page somewhere. There can be a little side to side play in the crank, but absolutely no up and down. Rod big end side clearance service limit is 0.70 mm. How do you know you need a top end rebuild without a manual and the specs?
Do you have a link for the service manual? I can’t find it, a link to it would be greatly appreciated. There are scars on the piston and the cylinder, I don’t think I need the book for that part.

chipper203

Post by chipper203 » 07:01 am Aug 21 2019

chipper203 wrote:
06:18 am Aug 21 2019
bufftester wrote:
10:14 pm Aug 20 2019
Do you have a link for the service manual? I can’t find it, a link to it would be greatly appreciated. There are scars on the piston and the cylinder, I don’t think I need the book for that part.

I was able google and find the book. I purchased it. Thanks