KDX220 Heavy Clutch and plastic revival

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Chuck78
Supporting Member

Re: KDX220 Heavy Clutch and plastic revival

Post by Chuck78 »

Swanpuppy wrote: 09:13 am Apr 22 2024 Thanks for the response, I don't have access to a welder which is why I was looking into the new arm . I have lubed the cable, and even tried one of the eBay ezpull boxes, it's marginally helping, but I assume I have heavier springs since im still getting cramps in the arm.

I'll keep an eye out for the arm to pop for sale, or see if I can find someone who can do 5 minutes of welding for me.
There was a complete clutch cover from a 92 or 93 KX 125 for sale on eBay which included the arm you need, but the seller was not budging on price. I tried offering less or telling him I would give him $35 just for the lever so that I don't have to buy the cover which I don't need, but he would not separate them or reduce the price.

SlickNick on here custom-made a new lever top piece for his, and ground off the factory weld, welded the new piece on, made a new pivot bushing, pressed it in place, and zinc plated the entire assembly. I think you should go into business making these as a side hustle! He was posting about that last year I believe. It was a fairly recent topic. It wouldn't hurt to pastor him and see if he in fact would consider doing this as a service and making a couple batches of them.

In the meantime, Molly's 70 is very generous with his offer there to you!
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Swanpuppy

Post by Swanpuppy »

Wow, I'll probably take you up on that offer! Im hoping to get a ride in this weekend, then I have just under 3 weeks until the next planned ride.

Let me know what you need for it being 'ready' and I will send it your way this weekend.
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

This is what I mean by ready. You do all the work, I just weld it up for you.

SlickNick on here custom-made a new lever top piece for his, and ground off the factory weld, welded the new piece on, made a new pivot bushing, pressed it in place, and zinc plated the entire assembly. I think you should go into business making these as a side hustle! He was posting about that last year I believe. It was a fairly recent topic. It wouldn't hurt to pastor him and see if he in fact would consider doing this as a service and making a couple batches of them.

In the meantime, Molly's 70 is very generous with his offer there to you!

You get everything ready & I'll Tig weld it together for you free. You pay return shipping.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.