Hammond Trail

Reviews of riding areas...
TRUAX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hammond Trail

Post by TRUAX »

Nice trail following the zumbro river from Hammond, Minnesota to Millville, Minnesota. Fairly well maintained, despite the side-by-sides best effort to destroy everything in their path. Some sections on tighter single track stuff, nothing insanely difficult. A couple areas where you have to cross a very shallow creek. A few areas that are pretty sandy being in the river valley and all. A friend of my father's owns property at both ends so they can never close it off due to Minnesota open access laws. I usually give him a courtesy call for permission and see if he'd like to join. He's a dirt bike enthusiast/collector/hoarder, and the kdx200 is one of his all time favorites.
javjacob

Re: Hammond Trail

Post by javjacob »

I hate SXS's, they have destroyed all of the local riding areas.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
TRUAX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TRUAX »

Rode the Hammond Trail last weekend, it is mint right now. There was a small landslide at the main entrance of the trail so the side by sides can't get in there right now. The trail is in really good shape at the moment. Planning on a small group ride on Sunday if anybody in the area is interested you are more than welcome to join in.
TRUAX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TRUAX »

Decent turn out for the ride yesterday, 12-15 people showed up, old and young alike. The trail is in awesome shape right now. If anyone is in the remotely close area it is definitely worth checking out before the snow comes. Image