Beginner rider/ Womens ride

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beginner rider/ Womens ride

Post by 6 Riders »

My wife and I are setting up a ride for women and/or beginner riders that want to ride, but don't want the pressure of single track/race pace/"keep up" type of riding. I am looking at a date of April 4th or 5th. We'll meet at a local "hub" and go out to my club's property for staging. All amenities are available there, so just bring a bundle of fire wood, lunch, a bike and gear.
My goal is to establish a riding group for our better halves and kids to learn to enjoy the sport and make it easier for them to meet up and go enjoy themselves w/o pressure.

My wife and I will host the first few (if not all), with me doing the sweep.
If you have someone that maybe interested speak up, and we'll get together (communicate) about when, where and how.

Thanks
Tim
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Beginner rider/ Womens ride

Post by bufftester »

Sounds like a great idea! I am building a bike to get my sons back into riding and would love an event like this, and I'll even volunteer to run sweep. I'm in South Sound (University Place).
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

bufftester wrote:Sounds like a great idea! I am building a bike to get my sons back into riding and would love an event like this, and I'll even volunteer to run sweep. I'm in South Sound (University Place).
I'm in Sumner, I'm planning on riding off of private property in Tahuya. Come out and ride point on 4-4!
How old are your boys?
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

bufftester wrote:Sounds like a great idea! I am building a bike to get my sons back into riding and would love an event like this, and I'll even volunteer to run sweep. I'm in South Sound (University Place).
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

They are older (30 and 24). When they were little I was still active Duty and moving all over the world so they never got much riding time (had to share an RM85L that at one point was too small for the older and too big for the younger :-) ). My daughter had a little DR50 then that she outgrew (then found gymnastics). My younger son rides a lot of road bike and has been stealing the hybrid out of the shop when I'm not looking so I picked up a rough RMX250 to build up and a bunch of RM250 parts (frames, forks, plastics, motor, etc) to try and get two bikes out of. When I ride Tahuya it's usually out of Elfendall, but haven't been up there in close to a year, been riding a lot over in Mattawa where my dad lives now. April 4 would be a good warm-up, that's the weekend before the Desert 100.
Motorpsycho

Post by Motorpsycho »

Hey 6 Riders,
I have a lady friend that just moved here recently from Colorado that could really benefit from finding a group of newer riders to learn with.
I sent her your post and hopefully she will be in contact.
Also I am on the hunt for a KLX110 or something similar if anyone happens to know of one for sale. I've got a 10 year old daughter that has expressed some interest.

Cheers
A
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Motorpsycho wrote:Hey 6 Riders,
I have a lady friend that just moved here recently from Colorado that could really benefit from finding a group of newer riders to learn with.
Also I am on the hunt for a KLX110 or something similar if anyone happens to know of one for sale. I've got a 10 year old daughter that has expressed some interest.

Cheers
A
Sounds good, that's what this is about! You can always E-Mail me as well....Evil_tim13 at yahoo dot com. My wife is the real reason that I am doing this and she can't even ride right now, but will be there to support those who can. I'll be riding along, especially with the new(er) riders.

Here's what I came up with;

Okay, how does April 4th or 5th work for interested parties?

Here's up coming event dates in March; March 14/15-Dirty Poker Run, March 21-Lucky Duck Enduro/Poker Run, April 11/12 Iron Man Poker Run & Race.

I will be at the Lucky Duck and (Hopefully) the Iron Man. So, April 4th is a good date for me to start with and follow up, say monthly rides?

Of course Husbands are welcome to come, but if they want to ride fast or single track, they will need to organize there own ride.

If you are interested, please PM me, I will set up the first meeting place that everyone can find.

Oh, and since it's cold at this time of year, maybe donate a bit of firewood?

And the original post;
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/112536 ... in-pac-nw/
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Motorpsycho wrote:Hey 6 Riders,

Cheers
A
Hey, we are doing a ride on Saturday...sorry about the short notice.....If your friend is interested.