Lectron: KDX happy customers ????

Got questions? We got answers....
kvkdx

Lectron: KDX happy customers ????

Post by kvkdx »

I just installed LEctron 34mm new carb on My 2001 KDX 220r and WOW, the best mod Ive installed since my gnarly pipe, I was SO SURPRISED at how much waking up of the torque and snappier throttle response the LEctron gave me over my stock carb, HOLY COW my bike w pipe and lectron feels like buddies 250's and I havent even doen a head / cycl mod yet.....DANG Anyone else rocking Lectron??
I ride colorado single track and this also gives me better fuel eco which is needed as we like to do 80 mile loops up and over mountains, Looking forward to seeing how much more efficient I am this spring...
kvkdx

Re: Lectron: KDX happy customers ????

Post by kvkdx »

No one here is running lectrons?
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

Yep! Another CO rider running a Lectron carb. There's quite a few posts on the forum about folks running Lectrons. I messed with my jetting on the stock carb for a while and then finally said screw it and bought the Lectron. Couldn't be more happier. I can understand using the stock carb if you have very little elevation changes, but for me living in CO, I may ride at 6k feet at 80-90 degrees one day and then the next be riding from 10k-12k+ feet at 50-60 degrees. It's nice to never have to worry about jetting changes again.
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
kvkdx

Post by kvkdx »

agreed!! so far in town this thing is awesome and responds very well with the lectron, Im ready to get in the mountains
kvkdx

Post by kvkdx »

More time on the KDX w lectron and my bike is running strong, starts w choke on first kick on cold bike, then immediately take choke off and it idles perfect. Rest of day I never need choke and bike starts first or 2nd kick all day. Very proud and happy of the lectron's performance
mthendri

Post by mthendri »

Any issues with the install? Looking to do the same on my 2005 KDX220r
Thx
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

mthendri wrote: 12:49 pm Jul 14 2020 Any issues with the install? Looking to do the same on my 2005 KDX220r
Thx
I have one on my '02. Fit is tighter than PWK. One issue with install is that if you have an oversized tank installed (as I do) the throttle cable will run into the bottom of the tank with standard Lecton adjuster
CMJ

Post by CMJ »

When I bought my bike it came with a Ron Black air striker. I don't have any experience with other setups but I always read great things regarding the Lectrons. I wonder if they would be considered an upgrade over the RB?
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

I also am a Lectron believer. I have one ride on it but it performed great throughout all the elevational changes of the Sierras. Just as you noted, the throttle response was very crisp and responsive. The fitment is extremely tight, but it works! Eventually I'll probably get a custom Barnett throttle cable, but for now it is all good. Enjoy!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
Mnolan660r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mnolan660r »

I just ordered one for my 97’ 200! I just got back into riding dirt, and remember the old days of having to dork around with jetting and whatnot depending on where we were riding. I’ll post up a install report and ride report after it’s all squared away.
Mnolan660r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mnolan660r »

I have a few rides in with the Lectron now, Much more responsive than the stock carb!! Some people were saying that they couldn't get it to fit, Lectron machines a small portion of the top and side, to allow clearance. Once in, I had to make a few adjustments to the metering rod, and it was as simple as loosening the reed and air box boots, rotating the carb out and pulling the 3 Philips head screws. Very easy. I did do the new throttle tube assembly and throttle cable that Lectron recommends, and everything went smoothly!!! First ride on it went from about 1000' to 6000', no issues that I could tell. Ran great!!!
Attachments
IMG_0313.jpeg
IMG_0313.jpeg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5097 times
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

For the Colorado guys I’m in Colorado also and really thinking about the lectron. Would you guys go for it?
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

I need to see this in the flesh. My PWK works pretty dang good with Fredette’s needle and jets, but I’ve always wondered what this and an adjustable CDI could do, especially now that I have the Radvalve and FMF Desert pipe.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

I have been struggling a tad with jetting and I need some new needles to try and I have the 33 not the 35 on my 200 so I really don’t even want to mess with it. Just buy the lectron is what I’m thinking.
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

Ended up buying one today. I also got a throttle from them too. Hopefully it all works well. My jetting worked good at the house at 5k but at 8-9k it did not. I don’t have time to jet at the trail head. I got 15mpg last ride with it being so rich. I hope to double that almost haha.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on the carb!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

Thanks,
I have read a bit about them and instal for the kdx. Is it pretty straight forward now for install? They come modded not right? Do ppl find they need much adjustment from stock besides the idle?

Going to be a bummer the pwk is so small and easy to get in and out but hopefully I put this in and forget it.
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

Did you talk to someone from Lectron before you ordered? Just wondered if they had any suggestions on other parts that are needed.
Anyway. congrats on the carb. I would enjoy fitting one on my bike.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

Thanks and yeah I did. I just needed to buy a throttle assembly. That’s it.
lcgordon711

Post by lcgordon711 »

Anybody have any tips on install? Just put it in like normal it’s just tight?