New Guy Looking at 2 Different KDX’s!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New Guy Looking at 2 Different KDX’s!

Post by KDXGarage »

Again, as a new rider, I suggest a KDX if one is looking for a used bike. If you have the means to do so, consider a new 2020 KLX300R. It is not as light as a KDX, but like the KDX is a touch more than a beginner bike that can allow you to grow into it. Electric start and fuel injection would be very nice to have. There is a lot to be said for having a new one that everything works properly, and no hidden "used bike issues" exist.

KTM's are "race bikes". Since you have never ridden apparently, I shall leave us all with a "visual". A new rider at 42 on a KTM could be like many of the Youtube videos with adults on children's hoverboards. No one is really recommending that you go get a Yamaha YZ250X, a used Beta, TM, Sherco, Suzuki RM-Z450X, etc.

A Yamaha WR250F would be a similar, but better new model to a KDX. A new one is about $8,000 OTD.

Get a KDX. Ride it for a while. You just might HATE riding dirt bikes. You can resell the KDX and lose a couple of hundred or buy new and lose a couple of thousand or so.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
EVG

Post by EVG »

KDXGarage wrote: 11:18 am May 22 2020 Again, as a new rider, I suggest a KDX if one is looking for a used bike. If you have the means to do so, consider a new 2020 KLX300R. It is not as light as a KDX, but like the KDX is a touch more than a beginner bike that can allow you to grow into it. Electric start and fuel injection would be very nice to have. There is a lot to be said for having a new one that everything works properly, and no hidden "used bike issues" exist.

KTM's are "race bikes". Since you have never ridden apparently, I shall leave us all with a "visual". A new rider at 42 on a KTM could be like many of the Youtube videos with adults on children's hoverboards. No one is really recommending that you go get a Yamaha YZ250X, a used Beta, TM, Sherco, Suzuki RM-Z450X, etc.

A Yamaha WR250F would be a similar, but better new model to a KDX. A new one is about $8,000 OTD.

Get a KDX. Ride it for a while. You just might HATE riding dirt bikes. You can resell the KDX and lose a couple of hundred or buy new and lose a couple of thousand or so.
This is what I’m going to do! As long as the bike looks respectable I am going to buy it. Ride it and just enjoy it! I apologize for going back and forth a bit, it’s kinda what I do when I’m researching things. One of my pitfalls per say! If I really enjoy it, I will upgrade to something new or newer after a year, and more than likely keep the KDX.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

No need to apologize. We are spending your money, not ours. HA HA. :lol:

I am a lot worse than you have shown on buying stuff and researching it. I am really horrible! :doh: :naughty: :rolleyes:

Please note: With the pandemic, in addition to stimulus checks going out, used bike prices on most bikes are currently at crackhead prices. I have looked at used bikes and prices for a LONG time, even if I don't have two pennies to rub together, I always am curious just to see what is out there. The prices that people are asking for pure junk is astronomical.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: (BUYER BEWARE)
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

If you identify your location in your profile I know guys on here who would even search your local craigslist to help you find a reasonable purchase.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

lucy wrote: 01:58 pm May 22 2020 If you identify your location in your profile I know guys on here who would even search your local craigslist to help you find a reasonable purchase.
Go shopping with someone else's money?? COUNT ME IN!! :supz: :partyman:
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

KDXGarage wrote: 01:31 pm May 22 2020
Please note: With the pandemic, in addition to stimulus checks going out, used bike prices on most bikes are currently at crackhead prices. I have looked at used bikes and prices for a LONG time, even if I don't have two pennies to rub together, I always am curious just to see what is out there. The prices that people are asking for pure junk is astronomical.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: (BUYER BEWARE)

Glad I’m not the only one seeing this. 2800 for a 1996 Yamaha? Seriously dude? 2600 for an 00 cr125?? Eat my shorts.
I like turtles
EVG

Post by EVG »

Bought the KDX, thanks for all the guidance and direction!! Now the fun begins!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on the KDX! Let us know how it goes.
JimmyB
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JimmyB »

EVG wrote: 04:23 pm May 24 2020 Bought the KDX, thanks for all the guidance and direction!! Now the fun begins!
:grin:
02 KDX220