New KDX guy

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
kjdad

New KDX guy

Post by kjdad »

Hi all! FNG here reliving his childhood by picking up a 84 kdx200 for $100. Its complete but needs TLC for sure. I plan on restoring to near factory condition and enjoy it. It's a red/black version so that's kinda cool. Any good parts suppliers for this gen of kdx? I'm hoping to have it ready for spring to hit trails and dunes..I'm a old guy so my days if airing it out are gone..ha. thanks and great site here!
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: New KDX guy

Post by kdxsully »

Welcome. eBay is the best source for used parts. I also have some 84 motor parts lying around, let me know what you’re looking for
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider. Thanks for joining. Congratulations on the red '84.

Keep an eye out on eBay for parts. We have a "Wanted" subforum also.

My best advice is to get on eBay and buy a "Owner's Manual & Service Manual" made by Kawasaki. They can usually be bought for about $20 for most of the air cooled models.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome and congrats on the new project. Ebay as mentioned by others is going to be your best bet, that and keep an eye out on Craigslit/FB Market for donor bikes as well.
BlkDakDave

Post by BlkDakDave »

Welcome and congrats on that KDX. Have to echo ebay for finding parts. What I do is search KDX parts, when I see a used part (no matter what) I click on it and then search the sellers store to see what all they have. After a few or so clicks on different parts you'll find quite a few different sellers that sell used KDX parts. I also save those sellers for later when I need something.

Good luck with your project.
NEVER FORGET!