Team KDX representing at the Sandlapper Enduro

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Well this was from a few weeks ago, on the 3rd and 4th, but figued I'd put a few pics. Doug (doakley) came down with his 220, along with our other buddies Travis (KX-450), his brother Kyle (Beta 300RR), Josh (another Beta 300RR), and myself. Not a whole lot of pics, but a few from the start, and a short video (which ended up being the only one I got)

Anyways.... I was doing the dual sport ride the day before (I'll make another post for that), so I took the day off work on Friday and went down Friday afternoon. Found my buddy Chris there and parked next to him..... his rig is a little fancier than mine :lol:

Image0303180829_HDR by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

Time to get my deluxe accommodations set up, lol..... this was my hotel for the weekend

Image0302182354_HDR by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

Not fancy, but it works, haha

Image0303180029_HDR by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

A few pics from the start..... Doug back there on 12A

Image03-Mar-18 Sandlapper 281 by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

Travis #688

Image03-Mar-18 Sandlapper 283 by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

Yours truly, along with Josh and Kyle to the right (12B and C)

Image03-Mar-18 Sandlapper 284 by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

That look you have when you know what you're in for (after doing the dual sport ride the day before), and know you're about to get your ass whooped (literally) in never ending sand whoops for the next 59 miles :blink: :shock: :cry: :cry: lol

Image03-Mar-18 Sandlapper 286 by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

Video.... this is the only one I have, from the very start. This actually wasn't even a timed section, it was just a transfer section. I had shut my camera off for a little bit to save some for later but I must have bumped it or something as it got my SD card out of whack, and next video I did was a corrupt file. So this is all I've got. 3:15 I had a little derp moment.... I don't know if my brain wasn't awake yet or what, lol. I just completely blew an easy turn. Not sure if I just lost focus for a second or target fixated or what, but I blew it and went through a bushy tree, lol..... oops! Following right behind Doug here

[youtube][/youtube]

I ended up being a big ol' DNF...... I don't know if I overdid it with doing the dual sport ride the day before or what, but this trail was kicking my ass. Super tight woods.... sand whoops.... super tight woods.... sand whoops.... over and over and over. I honestly got to the point where I just wasn't really enjoying it. I was spending more time on the side of the trail letting people pass me than I was riding. I finished out the last section before the gas break.... 29 miles in and I was so far behind at that point, and really wasn't feeling it anyways, I just decided to throw in the towel at that point. I'm the 4th one down from the top

Image0304181546a_HDR by Jared Penttinen, on Flickr

I still had a good time, don't get me wrong..... I'd just had enough. Prior to the DS ride the day before, I'd legit never ridden in sand or sand whoops before, so I honestly didn't know quite how to deal with them, and I was all over the place, lol. I definitely need to get some more practice in those types of conditions (in a non race environment). I'll give it a go again next year :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Team KDX representing at the Sandlapper Enduro

Post by KDXGarage »

Congrats on being there and do it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

Great job on making it to another event. You're on a roll :supz:. Sandy trails and whoops are what I ride on most and I suck at it. I'm learning (I guess) to grip like crazy with my knees while standing up and letting the bike move all over the place in the sugar sand. My hands hurting is what holds me back most but when I'm in the whoops and the sand is wanting to pull me into the trees I'm death gripping it lol. "The faster you go the easier it is"....is WAY easier said than done.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Did you format the memory card inside the camera before the recording session?

I found out that it REALLY helped me on preventing corrupted recordings. I don't think I had any more since then.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

I know this is old but that trailer is great. I need something like that.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Vossman wrote:I know this is old but that trailer is great. I need something like that.
Me too! :blink: :lol: It's actually my neighbors trailer, but he rarely uses it and always lets me borrow it pretty much any time I need it. He says he actually likes when I use it cuz it actually gets some use instead of just sitting there, lol. He rides too (KTM 350) so he knows how it goes