North Wilkesboro harescramble 10-1

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

North Wilkesboro harescramble 10-1

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Well I'm a little late and behind on the race reports here lately, lol..... been slacking! Anyways, this was from back on Oct 1st.... if y'all remember the Bootlegger Enduro that doakley and I attended.... this was the following week, starting at the exact same location as the enduro, and even used some of the same trails as the enduro

Anyways..... not many pics from this one. My buddy Scott joined us for this one on the KTM 150sx right next to my bike, and my co-worker Alan next to him on the KTM 250 #69. A few other buddies were mixed in there too in other classes. It was a little cramped for us there on the back row.... they finally moved the ribbon so it wasn't going right across my bike, lol

The photog snapped my ugly mug :shock:

And Scott..... he's the dude that got me into riding dirt (and he has a KDX too! '98 220.... but he's been riding the little pumpkin mostly lately)

My usual slow pace.... ugghhh

He's "a little" faster than I am (hint of sarcasm there..... he's fast! lol)

And lapped me on my 3rd lap, lol

It was a pretty tight course in a lot of spots, which is the stuff I suck at, lol. But it was still a good mix of a lot of different stuff. I still finished terrible..... did 3 laps and finished 19th of 21 that finished, plus 1 DNF. Scott finished 2nd, Alan 12th, and my other buddy Desmond 10th. I had a pretty good get-off the 3rd lap and tweaked my knee pretty good, so I lost a lot of time on that one and likely a few places as well.... my 3rd lap was almost a full 6 minutes longer than the previous

Video..... as usual, nothing crazy. The start was inssaannnneee dusty, lol.... literally we all pretty much stopped cuz NOBODY could see. Definitely one of those races where whoever got the holeshot had a HUGE advantage right from the get go. Then it went right into some tight woods where pretty much nobody could pass, so it was a single file thing for a couple minutes until it opened up some and everybody could get spaced out. So the beginning here is a little slow. Def a few times in here I stayed behind people for way longer than I should have.... I need to work on my passing and getting around people quicker. Had my little 3rd gear uphill get off at 32:00, and then Scott lapping me shortly after. I forgot to put it in the video, but I managed to bash my head into a tree too, lol..... luckily in one of the tight sections at a pretty slow speed. But dang it still didn't feel good. It was def a tough course.... as was the Enduro the week prior. But I still had a great time. Every one of them, good or bad, is always still a learning experience :grin:

[youtube][/youtube]
raygun
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: North Wilkesboro harescramble 10-1

Post by raygun »

Dang that's tight. I'm glad I race in the desert, I'd probably bash way too many trees otherwise.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300
1999 Kawasaki KDX220
2003 Kawasaki KLX400SR
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

raygun wrote:Dang that's tight. I'm glad I race in the desert, I'd probably bash way too many trees otherwise.
Oh yea it was definitely tight! A lot tighter, and tighter for a lot longer than they run most harescrambles. And not even as tight as the enduro was the week prior.... that was tighter and for a looottt longer, hahah. Basically miles and miles of what you see at the beginning here. I need to cut my bars down some or get different ones.... they're huge and I barely fit in any of that tight stuff..... constantly banging trees. Def glad I have good handguards! haha

Here's the clip from where I bashed my head into the tree.... luckily at a slow speed, lol. It still didn't feel good though. Pulled over to let my buddy Jacob go by at the beginning (he's freaking faassstttt...... young kid). He's the same one I was talking to at the very end, asking about his dad

[youtube][/youtube]
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Nice man, looks like fun!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Sorry I missed this race, Jared. No way I could have raced the next weekend after the Bootlegger enduro though.. Looked like a great course (Well, except for that head-bashing-tree thing!!). Glad you didn't get hurt in that. Hope to see you in Denver this weekend.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OW!! NOT GOOD!! Glad it was not worse for you! :blink: :blink:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128